X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - movies

Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real tear
    jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a really SAD
    flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me.

OT - movies

"Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] .net...
    Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real tear jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a really SAD flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me.
    Bill you old softie. Need I remind you that the movie was about an
    adulterous affair?

Comment

OT - movies

In article <[email protected] >, "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote:
      Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real tearjerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a really SADflick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me.
      Made me sad, too, the way that woman deceived her family.

Comment

OT - movies

urf wrote:
        "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] .net...
        Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real tear jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a really SAD flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me. Bill you old softie. Need I remind you that the movie was about an adulterous affair?
        Yes, on the surface level, that is what it was about. I went past that
        level (I guess I bypassed it) and just felt really sad. I don't know how
        to explain that. About all I can tell you is I am a very sentimental
        type - and yeah, a softie at heart, as a few have picked up on.

Comment

OT - movies

Yeah, well I guess emotional and sentimental often (usually?) translates to
          sad for me.

Karen Ray-Stewart wrote:
          We just loved it.... even Dh who thought it was a girlie movie, says it
          is
          still to this day one of the best movies he has seen. We really really liked it. Not sure about Sad..I mean we didn't cry..but very emotional
          and
          very sentimental. karen "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] .net...
          Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real
          tear
          jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a
          really
          SAD flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me.

Comment

OT - movies

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:48:37 GMT, "Bill in Co."
            <[email protected]> wrote:
            Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real tearjerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a really SADflick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me.
            Gee, I'm glad I didn't see it.

Em
            who doesn't like sad movies.

Be careful what you wish for....

Comment

OT - movies

"Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] k.net>...
              Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real tear jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a really SAD flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me.
              What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on it.

Comment

OT - movies

Caren wrote:
                "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] k.net>...
                Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real tear jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a really
                SAD
                flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me. What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on it.
                How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair itself,
                and look at the lives of the parties involved. IF one can do that (just
                for this movie), then it seems to be a sad story - one of (seemingly)
                unrequited love, so to speak, if I have the right word there. The saddest
                part was at the end, when he left her all that sentimental stuff. Anyway,
                the only way you can get this perspective (I think) is if you somehow can
                bypass the affair part and look at the hearts of the individuals (well, it
                was a movie after all, so one can take such license, can't one?).
                Ironically, I would be one of the last people on Earth who would tolerate an
                affair, but I put that aside for the benefit of the sentimentality in the
                movie. Sigh, I guess none of this makes much sense.

Comment

OT - movies

"Bill in Co." <[email protected]> writes:
                  Caren wrote:
                  Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real tear jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a really
                  SAD
                  flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me. What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on it.
                  How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair itself,
                  But you just sent three posts out saying you _can't_ do that. These
                  characters have taken the low road and are already beneath contempt!

Comment

OT - movies

Doug Anderson wrote:
                    Caren wrote:
                    "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] k.net>...> Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real
                    tear
                    > jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a
                    really
                    > SAD flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me. What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on
                    it.
                    How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair itself, But you just sent three posts out saying you _can't_ do that. These characters have taken the low road and are already beneath contempt!
                    Well, nobody said I was the most "functional" (as contrasted with
                    dysfunctional) person here.

Comment

OT - movies

With further consideration:
                      I guess I meant "logical" below (in the context of this discussion). That
                      would be more accurate.

Bill in Co. wrote:
                      Doug Anderson wrote:
                      Caren wrote:> "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message> news:<[email protected] k.net>...>> Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real
                      tear
                      >> jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a
                      really
                      >> SAD flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me.>> What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on
                      it.
                      How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair
                      itself,
                      But you just sent three posts out saying you _can't_ do that. These characters have taken the low road and are already beneath contempt! Well, nobody said I was the most "functional" (as contrasted with dysfunctional) person here.

Comment

OT - movies

"Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                        news:[email protected]
                        Caren wrote:
                        "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] k.net>...> Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real
                        tear
                        really
                        SAD
                        > flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me. What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on
                        it.
                        How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair
                        itself,
                        But you just sent three posts out saying you _can't_ do that. These characters have taken the low road and are already beneath contempt!
                        ROFL...that's where my head's at. When I read what Bill wrote, "First, you
                        have to put aside the affair itself," I had to blink to be sure I was
                        reading it correctly.

Jennifer

Comment

OT - movies

"Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message
                          news:[email protected] ink.net...
                          Caren wrote:
                          Is it just me, or was that movie "Bridges of Madison County" a real
                          tear
                          jerker? Maybe it's because I'm so sentimental, but **** that a
                          really
                          SAD
                          flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me. What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on
                          it.
                          How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair itself, and look at the lives of the parties involved. IF one can do that (just for this movie), then it seems to be a sad story - one of (seemingly) unrequited love, so to speak, if I have the right word there. The
                          saddest
                          part was at the end, when he left her all that sentimental stuff.
                          Anyway,
                          the only way you can get this perspective (I think) is if you somehow can bypass the affair part and look at the hearts of the individuals (well, it was a movie after all, so one can take such license, can't one?). Ironically, I would be one of the last people on Earth who would tolerate
                          an
                          affair, but I put that aside for the benefit of the sentimentality in the movie. Sigh, I guess none of this makes much sense.
                          I have had this theory for many years. We all have many loves within us.
                          We are capable of tremendous outpourings of love for many, many other
                          people. It is only the conventions of our culture that precludes the open
                          expression of multiple love affairs (as acceptable). My mother remarried
                          when she was in her mid 70's. She was like a young girl in love. She
                          spoke to me about it saying that love is a capacity of the individual that
                          needs
                          expression in others. Her new husband told me that he had always been in
                          love with
                          her from the time that they met. When my father died and his wife had died
                          they
                          followed their hearts with each other.

I have met many women to whom I have been attracted, Some I have thought
                          could be a life partner of mine. This is true in spite of the fact that I
                          have always
                          been wildly in love with Estelle.

I think the sadness is for love lost. A moment of love lost can never be
                          regained, it is gone never to be lived out and enjoyed.

Comment

OT - movies

"urf" <[email protected]> writes:
                            "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] ink.net...
                            Caren wrote:
                            tear
                            really
                            SAD
                            > flick. It just wrenches your heart. Or maybe it's just me. What was sad about it for you Bill? I'd be curious to get your take on
                            it.
                            How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair itself, and look at the lives of the parties involved. IF one can do that (just for this movie), then it seems to be a sad story - one of (seemingly) unrequited love, so to speak, if I have the right word there. The
                            saddest
                            part was at the end, when he left her all that sentimental stuff.
                            Anyway,
                            the only way you can get this perspective (I think) is if you somehow can bypass the affair part and look at the hearts of the individuals (well, it was a movie after all, so one can take such license, can't one?). Ironically, I would be one of the last people on Earth who would tolerate
                            an
                            affair, but I put that aside for the benefit of the sentimentality in the movie. Sigh, I guess none of this makes much sense.
                            I have had this theory for many years. We all have many loves within us. We are capable of tremendous outpourings of love for many, many other people. It is only the conventions of our culture that precludes the open expression of multiple love affairs (as acceptable). My mother remarried when she was in her mid 70's. She was like a young girl in love. She spoke to me about it saying that love is a capacity of the individual that needs expression in others. Her new husband told me that he had always been in love with her from the time that they met. When my father died and his wife had died they followed their hearts with each other. I have met many women to whom I have been attracted, Some I have thought could be a life partner of mine. This is true in spite of the fact that I have always been wildly in love with Estelle. I think the sadness is for love lost. A moment of love lost can never be regained, it is gone never to be lived out and enjoyed.
                            I haven't seen this movie, but that was well-put urf, regardless of
                            what the movie was about.

I would add just one thing - even though there is sadness to a moment
                            of love lost, there is also joy in recognizing the potential for
                            love (even if it isn't to be realized).

Doug

Comment

OT - movies

"Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] link.net>...
                              Caren wrote:
                              SAD
                              How can I answer this? First, you have to put aside the affair itself, and look at the lives of the parties involved. IF one can do that (just for this movie), then it seems to be a sad story - one of (seemingly) unrequited love, so to speak, if I have the right word there. The saddest part was at the end, when he left her all that sentimental stuff. Anyway, the only way you can get this perspective (I think) is if you somehow can bypass the affair part and look at the hearts of the individuals (well, it was a movie after all, so one can take such license, can't one?). Ironically, I would be one of the last people on Earth who would tolerate an affair, but I put that aside for the benefit of the sentimentality in the movie. Sigh, I guess none of this makes much sense.
                              Bill, why oh why are you so hard on yourself? It made perfect sense.
                              I found the movie to be sad too. Staying in a marriage when you're in
                              love with someone else is not the type of life many would choose.
                              It's a sad existence. So is leaving your family.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X