• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In sickness and in health?

ml wrote:
    In article <[email protected] net>, "Bill
    in
    Co." <[email protected]> wrote:
    I really don't understand that, considering your situation.
    It's not in reference to me (i do work), but in general. To live in this area it requires two incomes, or one really HUGE one. Other thn those w/little kids, i don't know of any stay-home spouses in my rea at all. They just don't seem to exist, guessing it financial reasons. Joy and Kath had some good ideas regarding employment and education, and
    these
    are some ideas i've been kicking around in my head for awhile already. It may be this whole thing is my proverbil kick-in-th-butt to stop waiting
    and
    begin to think it thru more xeriously. Ther's a reason that i work in a
    huge
    department full of 20-something and nobody my age. :-) Then there's that question at social gatherings, "what do you do?" (in
    regard
    to profession). Gotta have an answer besides "watch oprah and et
    bon-bons."
    :-) hehe
    Why do you have to have an answer, if you are happy with what you are, or
    are, not doing? What they think is irrelevant.

Comment

In article <[email protected] net>, "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote:
      Why do you have to have an answer, if you are happy with what you are, orare, not doing? What they think is irrelevant.
      You're right. Must be ghosts of the past.

Comment

ml wrote:
        In article <[email protected] net>, "Bill
        in
        Co." <su[email protected]> wrote:
        Why do you have to have an answer, if you are happy with what you are, or are, not doing? What they think is irrelevant.
        You're right. Must be ghosts of the past.
        You can keep reminding me of that too. Sometimes I forget.

Comment

In article <MO1ed.3945$%[email protected] net>, "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote:
          :-)
          I wonder if it gets harder to exorcise th ghosts as we get older.
          Or the skeletons. (cool, huh, just in time for halloween)

When you were young, were you more trusting, more open and risk-taking, less
          suspicious and cynical?

Comment

ml wrote:
            In article <MO1ed.3945$%[email protected] net>, "Bill
            in
            Co." <[email protected]> wrote:
            :-) I wonder if it gets harder to exorcise th ghosts as we get older. Or the skeletons. (cool, huh, just in time for halloween) When you were young, were you more trusting, more open and risk-taking,
            less
            suspicious and cynical?
            More trusting - yes (of course)
            More open - yes (of course)
            More risk taking - probably not (not sure what kind of risks we're talking
            about)
            Less cynical - DEFINITELY

I think I am more cynical now due to two major reasons:
            1) what has happened to us as a society - I've witnessed the changes over
            the last 5 decades, and I don't like most of them. Some of them - sure.
            But not most of them, not by any means. (note: I'm not talkiing about
            technology here)

2) the MAJOR losses I am facing now. I see very little to look forward to.
            Life is pretty devoid of much meaning to me anymore. I see little point in
            it.

Comment

In article <[email protected] et>, "Bill in Co." <[email protected]> wrote:
              I think I am more cynical now due to two major reasons:
              (snipped)
              2) the MAJOR losses I am facing now. I see very little to look forward to.Life is pretty devoid of much meaning to me anymore. I see little point init.
              Most of us cn't see the future or know what our life has in store for us.
              But we can move forward and seek the positive anyway.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X