Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Obtaining proof of income Maryland

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Obtaining proof of income Maryland

    Our divorce agreement states that child support will be evaluated every April of each year. It has been several years since a review has been done.

    I have been asking my ex for a copy of his W2's and Tax Returns for the past two years and have yet to receive anything. The first year I told my ex that I was making more money and his support should go down. His reply was "That's okay, I'm happy with what I'm paying." Come to find out, he is making more money also; though I don't know how much more.

    This year I started asking for the information in April and after many emails, calls and asking in person, I get a copy of the receipt that said his taxes were done with the Adjusted Gross Income listed at the top. He will not give me his tax return or his W2s.

    Now he's in a hurry to to get this resolved and wants all of my information (without providing his to me) so he can "handle this, since I'm so busy."

    What would be the fastest and/or easiest way to get the information I need?

    This is the first time he's held a steady job since our divorce and he seems to have a lot of extra money to spend ($7K for entrance to an exclusive ball dance ) but can't afford to buy our son shoes. (I get child support to buy shoes.)

    I called MD Child Support Services and they can help me but I was told it would probably take 9-12 months before anything could be done.

    I would really appreciate any input.

  • #2
    INform him that he has to provide the info. Tell him you will be happy to bring your tax return and and he can bring his and you can figure it together.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.