15 vs. 20 year old-maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 vs. 20 year old-maryland

I am a fifteen year old girl who is talking to a 20 year old. We have been talking since about five months ago and we like eachother very much. He is a gentlemen, respects me and my family, sincere,little senstive, cute, and is exactly the type I like. He is latin from Guatemala and he is the greatest person ever. We aren't actually going out because I am to young right now and he says he is going to wait for me until when I am 18 year old and can actually date. We liked eachother instanly and we are getting to know eachother more and more as the time passes on. My parents are okay with him because he is great and they are fine with letting me talk to him and when I see him we are never alone, we are always gathered as a family andit doesn't bother him at all. The only problem in this whole thing is my 19-year-old brother. He says its wrong for a 20 year old to like a 15 year old girl, but I tell him that we liked eachother instanly and it doesn't matter because we are just getting to know eachother better and not dating. I live in maryland and I am not familar with "dating" laws in here. So if anyone can help me out there I would appreciate it a lot . What are the laws in maryland about "talking" to a minor?? PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE I AM CONFUSED AND DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!

-thanks

as long as you are just talking and are not alone- EVER and your parents are ok with it, you should be fine. However, if at any time you are alone or there is any question of him doing anything to arouse you (kiss, hold hands, whisper sweet nothings, etc) he can be prosecuted and anyone can turn him in. doesn't matter if your parents are ok with it or not. So, I would suggest keeping it completley platonic and on a friend level ONLY until you are 18.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X