Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My ex and his gf are trying to take my child! Maryland

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
    YOU have criminal charges against you because YOU hit HER. YOU had no right to put yourself in a position where you could physically have contact with her, period. Grow up. You didn't want him, you just wanted him to bankroll you. If he decides to file for custody (which I hope he does), with your attitude, he will have a very good chance of getting it. If you want to continue to have an unrestrained relationship with your child, you will stop this nonsense at once. You and he weren't talking about anything (by your own posts). He wasn't at the door. You tried to push your way in (knowing that your daughter was in the car and witnessing this). BTW, what were you planning on doing with your daughter while you were in the house? Leave her UNSUPERVISED in the car? Yet another shining example of your consideration of how your actions affect your daughter. What if someone had stolen your car with her in it? What if someone had HIT your car with your daughter in it? You and your husband have been going to mediation. That is the only place you need to speak with him about any of this. There is a restraining order against you and you are facing some very serious charges. I suggest that you stay away from them, stop abusing your daughter (and yes, that IS what you are doing. You are psychologically abusing your daugter and using her as a weapon against your ex. Boy, judges LOVE when parents do that), and voluntarily enroll yourself into anger management classes and counseling to deal with your issues.
    He had been at the door talking to me and agreed that he needed to start paying me child support, then when he went inside his stupid gf opened the door and told ME I needed to grow up! Well excuse me if I got upset, but I had not been talking to her about anything, I was talking to MY HUSBAND AND FATHER OF MY CHILD!! SHE had no right to say anything to me, and he needs to decide whose side he is on, because he talks nice to me and agrees with me when she's not around, and then totally changes his tune when she butts herself into OUR business!! And anyway, it is my house and I said I wanted to come in and she wouldn't let me, she has no right to do that. I don't care if she is shacked up with him right now, I still own half of the house! and the only person who can tell me "NO" to coming in is my ex, and I would respect that, but he didn't say a word, he was just telling her to calm down and close the door. Also, my daughter was only 20 feet away from me, and if her father had answered the door instead of ignoring me for half an hour because of his girlfriend, I would have only been there 5 minutes. What am I supposed to do when I am broke, he won't pay child support and I need pay my rent and my car payment?? Of course I am going to go there and ask for that money, I think any good mother would. I am just trying to do the best I can for my daughter, and he and his girlfriend are making up lies and trying to make me look like a bad mother, that is what all of this is really about. She wants to play house and he can't tell her no, so my daughter and I are the ones who have to suffer.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by dawn725 View Post
      He had been at the door talking to me and agreed that he needed to start paying me child support, then when he went inside his stupid gf opened the door and told ME I needed to grow up! Well excuse me if I got upset, but I had not been talking to her about anything, I was talking to MY HUSBAND AND FATHER OF MY CHILD!! SHE had no right to say anything to me, and he needs to decide whose side he is on, because he talks nice to me and agrees with me when she's not around, and then totally changes his tune when she butts herself into OUR business!! And anyway, it is my house and I said I wanted to come in and she wouldn't let me, she has no right to do that. I don't care if she is shacked up with him right now, I still own half of the house! and the only person who can tell me "NO" to coming in is my ex, and I would respect that, but he didn't say a word, he was just telling her to calm down and close the door. Also, my daughter was only 20 feet away from me, and if her father had answered the door instead of ignoring me for half an hour because of his girlfriend, I would have only been there 5 minutes. What am I supposed to do when I am broke, he won't pay child support and I need pay my rent and my car payment?? Of course I am going to go there and ask for that money, I think any good mother would. I am just trying to do the best I can for my daughter, and he and his girlfriend are making up lies and trying to make me look like a bad mother, that is what all of this is really about. She wants to play house and he can't tell her no, so my daughter and I are the ones who have to suffer.
      Get a job??? Grow up.

      He made his choice, and it is not you. Now, move on.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
        YOU have criminal charges against you because YOU hit HER. YOU had no right to put yourself in a position where you could physically have contact with her, period. Grow up. You didn't want him, you just wanted him to bankroll you. If he decides to file for custody (which I hope he does), with your attitude, he will have a very good chance of getting it. If you want to continue to have an unrestrained relationship with your child, you will stop this nonsense at once. You and he weren't talking about anything (by your own posts). He wasn't at the door. You tried to push your way in (knowing that your daughter was in the car and witnessing this). BTW, what were you planning on doing with your daughter while you were in the house? Leave her UNSUPERVISED in the car? Yet another shining example of your consideration of how your actions affect your daughter. What if someone had stolen your car with her in it? What if someone had HIT your car with your daughter in it? You and your husband have been going to mediation. That is the only place you need to speak with him about any of this. There is a restraining order against you and you are facing some very serious charges. I suggest that you stay away from them, stop abusing your daughter (and yes, that IS what you are doing. You are psychologically abusing your daugter and using her as a weapon against your ex. Boy, judges LOVE when parents do that), and voluntarily enroll yourself into anger management classes and counseling to deal with your issues.

        You are not a princess that is owed a man that answers to her beck and call. You are a woman that is responsible for your own support and your actions. He has a right to live his life without having to answer to you first. He MOST CERTAINLY has a right to have a relationship with his child without any negative interference from you. If you can't control yourself, the court most certainly will. What part of the fact that you are risking losing an unfettered relationship with your child do you not understand? What part of facing CRIMINAL CHARGES AND JAIL TIME do you not understand? Is this how you want your daughter to see you? Is this how you want your daughter to think that a grown woman acts? If so, then you have no business raising a vulnerable child.
        Well said.
        Not an expert just stating what I know from experience and or moral standings

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
          Get a job??? Grow up.

          He made his choice, and it is not you. Now, move on.
          I have a job!!! But it is not easy raising a child ON YOUR OWN!! He offers no help to me whatsoever. If he can't afford to pay child support how does he plan on taking care of her if he gets joint custody??

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by dawn725 View Post
            I have a job!!! But it is not easy raising a child ON YOUR OWN!! He offers no help to me whatsoever. If he can't afford to pay child support how does he plan on taking care of her if he gets joint custody??
            It is not recommended for a parent to pay support until there is an actual order. My ex paid me support and I told them what he paid and how much and they still made him pay arears. They said he should have waited until the hearing and since he paid in cash there was no proof. And as I said I told them that he payed.
            I am fully aware of how hard it is to take care of a child on my own since I did it for 5 years making 6.17. I made rent, I had food, and she had everything she needed. I however put her needs before mine. I made it work.
            Last edited by stepmom33; 10-10-2006, 06:40 AM.
            Not an expert just stating what I know from experience and or moral standings

            Comment


            • #21
              Oh and I also went back to school. And payed. I was raised to be independant. The only reason I got child support eventually is because I went through a state program to help me pay for my books for school and they filed for the support. And I to this day don't count on that check every month. Because it rarely comes.
              Last edited by stepmom33; 10-10-2006, 06:44 AM.
              Not an expert just stating what I know from experience and or moral standings

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by dawn725 View Post
                I have a job!!! But it is not easy raising a child ON YOUR OWN!! He offers no help to me whatsoever. If he can't afford to pay child support how does he plan on taking care of her if he gets joint custody??
                JOINT custody? At this point, I hope he goes for FULL custody! I will tell you for the last bleeping time, until there is a court order or a legally binding agreement that states that he is legally responsible for paying child support, there is no legal obligation to do so. You stated that you lived in the home for 1.5 years and HE paid ALL of the bills. What were you doing with your money at that time?

                I know exactly how hard it is to support a child on your own. That is why the first thing I did was filed for child support and then accepted that I was the only one I could count on. I won my custody "battle" and amazingly, during all the time it took, I managed to NEVER put my hands on his gf (who I will not even begin to describe). You are a grown woman with a working brain. Use it to figure out how you are going to support your daughter. Even if you are awarded child support, you will still be responsible for HALF of supporting your daughter and SOLELY responsible for supporting yourself. If you have to, move back in with your parents to save some money, get a roommate to help with the rent and bills. There are multiple solutions. You just need to get used to the fact that HE is not your bank account. Now, if (and when) he is ordered to pay child support (which I assume is part of the negotiations for the divorce, et al) then he will be legally obligated to help financially support the child.
                Last edited by mommyof4; 10-10-2006, 07:00 AM.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                (unique up on him)
                How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                (same way)

                Comment


                • #23
                  You really should grow up he doesn't have to talk to you without his lawyer now. I live for almost 2 years without CS, & another 2 years with a court order CS, but still didn't get it like I was suppose to. I am now remarried, so it is not as hard, but still is. Before I got married I raised my daughter by myself, plus went back to school. You have to learn how to budget your money without depending on the CS. Because there is always the chance that you will have joint custody, where no one well get CS I have seen that happen. YOUR Ex's & your daughter is old enough to stay overnight with her dad. He doesn't need to visit her with you! She is not just your daughter, & you need to get that out of your head right now!! She is not someone property, she is a person a human being!! Anytime you ask her did she miss you, you are playing mind games with her, & she is not old enough to realize that but when she does get old enough to, she will grow to hate you! Trust me I know. That is what my mother did to me when I was younger. The one & only reason I have anything to do with her now is because of my girls, but she is not allowed to have them overnight without me there, because I will not allow her to play mind games with my girls' heads!! I get along great with my girls' dad, even though he doesn't pay CS like he is ordered too, because it is what is best for my girls!! You need to think about the child here & not yourself!! I hope your ex does get custody, because you don't seem to understand, that for whatever reason you moved out of the house, & left your EX-husband, so stop calling him YOUR husband (like you own him), & YOUR house, YOU LEFT GET OVER IT & GROW UP!!!!!!!! Stop putting this innocent child in the middle to have to feel like she has to choose a side between your EX & you! As for the GF that is really none of your business anymore you gave up that right!

                  Comment

                  The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X