Children Refusing Visitation Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children Refusing Visitation Kentucky

My ex husband and I have joint custody. I pay child support. He and his wife constantly bash me to my children who are 14 and 11 (will be 12 in May). He has convinced them I am a horrible person and they are refusing to come see me. His views on it are "if they don't want to go I am not forcing them". I have done everything I can to make sure they are happy and healthy, but it is hard to battle someone who has a lot more time with them than I do.

My question is this:

Is there any law in Kentucky in regards to children refusing visitation with NCP? Also, If he doesn't make them go what recourse do I have?

Originally posted by Kiemye View Post
    My ex husband and I have joint custody. I pay child support. He and his wife constantly bash me to my children who are 14 and 11 (will be 12 in May). He has convinced them I am a horrible person and they are refusing to come see me. His views on it are "if they don't want to go I am not forcing them". I have done everything I can to make sure they are happy and healthy, but it is hard to battle someone who has a lot more time with them than I do.

My question is this:

Is there any law in Kentucky in regards to children refusing visitation with NCP? Also, If he doesn't make them go what recourse do I have?
    Minor children cannot decide to not visit.
    Do you have a court order that spells out visitation?

If you do, and ex refuses to send kids, you'll need to file in court to have the order enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
      Minor children cannot decide to not visit.
      Do you have a court order that spells out visitation?

If you do, and ex refuses to send kids, you'll need to file in court to have the order enforced.
      Yes I have an order of visitation. Thank you for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiemye View Post
        Yes I have an order of visitation. Thank you for the response.
        Good. If ex continues to refuse to send the children, you can file a motion with the court to enforce the visitation order.
        When you file, be sure to also request make-up visitation time.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X