Please help with advice!! Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with advice!! Kentucky

My heart is so burdened with this situation and I need advice and any help to point me in the right direction for an attorney in Louisville willing to help!

My son in law is the best thing that has ever happened to my daughter; he is a loving husband and a wonderful father. Very kind, sensative and a good man. The issue is this: he was married once before my daughter and had a child with his ex wife. Years later after his divorce (his wife cheated on him) he met my daughter, they married and now have a child as well. His first wife has denied my son in law any rights to see his/their daughter for nearly 4years now; and ever since he has been a part of our family a day does not go by that he does not think about his daughter. He is in so much pain over this and wants to be a part of her life, yet the mother will not allow it.

My son in law pays the child support faithfully and has made many attempts to see his daughter by talking to the mother practically pleading with her to let him see his daughter to no avail. The mom has remarried (to the guy she cheated with) and they now have another child as well and she wants the step father to adopt my son in laws daughter. The stress, pain and worry has taken a tremendous toll on my son in law. The ex "holds" all the cards no matter what people may think and can and HAS denied him to see his daughter.

As his mother in law, I have been a single mom for over 20 years and have a limited budget, yet I am willing to help to retain a good attorney to help him find peace in his life once again to have his daughter in his life and get to know my step granddaughter. We are a very loving family and already love her without ever even knowing her.

How any woman could deny a father their rights to see their child is beyond me (unless they are abusive). I NEVER denied my ex to see our children.

My son in law has spoken to several attorney's and none were willing to help since we live about 70 miles from Louisville, they all said he had to get an attorney where the wife lives, which makes no sense to me. The cost is an issue, yet one I would like to explore and hope that someone out there will find it in their heart to hear the pain my son in law lives with every day not being allowed to see his daughter and be willing to work with him to reunite them; depite the power his ex hold over him. She will not allow anyone in his family to see the child and threatens my son in laws career and lies about things. He has never mistreated his child and there is NO reason that would warrant keeping him from the child except the ex's threats.

If anyone out there can offer help, please do. In all of my years of being a single Mom, I have never seen a man love his child and carry such pain over not being allowed to see his child as I have seen in my son in law.

Everyone says the same thing, "she can't deny him his rights", but guess what, she is and has. The ex has carried too much power for too long. There are so many deadbeat dad's (and mom's) out there, and here is one that not only has held up to his responsibility on the child support end, but WANTS to be in her life too!

Please respond if you can help or know someone that can help. Thank you and God Bless!!

if your son in law has not gone to court for a custody agreement, nothing the ex is doing is wrong.

If he has, he needs to go to court to enforce the custody order.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
      if your son in law has not gone to court for a custody agreement, nothing the ex is doing is wrong.

If he has, he needs to go to court to enforce the custody order.
      When the divorce took place, visitations for the father was established. In the beginning he was "allowed" by the ex wife to exercise his rights. The ex wife cheated on her husband (now my son in law) and married the guy she cheated with and now has another child. However once my son in law had a girlfriend/fiancee, the ex wife suddenly refused him any rights to see their daughter. He ended up not marrying the girl he was engaged to partly due to his ex wife not allowing him to see his daughter because "she" did not like the girlfriend/fiancee.

Then he met my daughter; a loving young lady that would welcome his first child into her heart and life, just as we all would. Even though his ex has never met my daughter she still will not allow him to see his daughter.

It is easier said than done to "just go to court" and enforce his rights when he is dealing with a ex that has an ax to grind with him and using their daughter to do so. My son in law has a career that she (the ex) has said she would ruin if he trys to see their daughter. Sure some would say it is easy for him to just get another job, but what would stop her from trying to ruin that one as well? She has exercised her threats by calling his employer with false accusations stating that he has tried to harm her (the ex) which is not true. She says she will continue to do that if he continues to try to see their daughter.

The ex wife is trying to push my son in law into giving up his parental rights and signing papers for the new husband to adopt the child. This has devastated my son in law and he is at a loss as to what to do. I have seen it myself, it is like a monster! If you get too close, you get bit. My son in law is mainly concerned about his daughter and fears what horrible picture the ex wife has painted about him. The daughter has no idea the amount of attempts he has tried to reason with his ex to let him see the child, but with no success. She seems to hold all the cards and he has no rights. He is now concerned what is in the best interest of his daughter.

Try going through something like this and many would just give up, but it also takes money to hire an attorney to put someone as evil as this woman in her place and force her hand at doing what is right for the child, which is having her real father in her life. So many fathers walk away and never look back (my ex did) and they do not want to see their children, then you come across a real man like my son in law that remains deeply hurt every day knowing he has a daughter, yet not allowed to see her, even though the "papers" says he can.

Again, if there are any attorney's on here from the Louisville, KY area that would be willing to take this woman on and help my son in law, please step forward. Yes, money is tight, yet I am willing to help as much as I can.

How good would it feel to help a man that is truly the kind of father many children long for? Think about it. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylou View Post
        When the divorce took place, visitations for the father was established. In the beginning he was "allowed" by the ex wife to exercise his rights. The ex wife cheated on her husband (now my son in law) and married the guy she cheated with and now has another child. However once my son in law had a girlfriend/fiancee, the ex wife suddenly refused him any rights to see their daughter. He ended up not marrying the girl he was engaged to partly due to his ex wife not allowing him to see his daughter because "she" did not like the girlfriend/fiancee.

Then he met my daughter; a loving young lady that would welcome his first child into her heart and life, just as we all would. Even though his ex has never met my daughter she still will not allow him to see his daughter.

It is easier said than done to "just go to court" and enforce his rights when he is dealing with a ex that has an ax to grind with him and using their daughter to do so. My son in law has a career that she (the ex) has said she would ruin if he trys to see their daughter. Sure some would say it is easy for him to just get another job, but what would stop her from trying to ruin that one as well? She has exercised her threats by calling his employer with false accusations stating that he has tried to harm her (the ex) which is not true. She says she will continue to do that if he continues to try to see their daughter.

The ex wife is trying to push my son in law into giving up his parental rights and signing papers for the new husband to adopt the child. This has devastated my son in law and he is at a loss as to what to do. I have seen it myself, it is like a monster! If you get too close, you get bit. My son in law is mainly concerned about his daughter and fears what horrible picture the ex wife has painted about him. The daughter has no idea the amount of attempts he has tried to reason with his ex to let him see the child, but with no success. She seems to hold all the cards and he has no rights. He is now concerned what is in the best interest of his daughter.

Try going through something like this and many would just give up, but it also takes money to hire an attorney to put someone as evil as this woman in her place and force her hand at doing what is right for the child, which is having her real father in her life. So many fathers walk away and never look back (my ex did) and they do not want to see their children, then you come across a real man like my son in law that remains deeply hurt every day knowing he has a daughter, yet not allowed to see her, even though the "papers" says he can.

Again, if there are any attorney's on here from the Louisville, KY area that would be willing to take this woman on and help my son in law, please step forward. Yes, money is tight, yet I am willing to help as much as I can.

How good would it feel to help a man that is truly the kind of father many children long for? Think about it. Thank you!
        He NEEDS to go to court to enforce the order. The longer he waits the more a Judge will question why he waited.

He also needs to file for a protective/restraining order to help prevent his ex from contacting his employer.

He can file pro-se, without an attorney, or he can hire one. He should check with the state Bar to see if they have a list of attornies who do pro-bono work.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X