Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

abandonment?????*(sorry its long) Kentucky

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • abandonment?????*(sorry its long) Kentucky

    I have been married since November 6, 2002. My husband cheated on me for basically the entire time. He has been incarcerated for most of the "marraige"(which is basically the only times he was faithful,lol). I was unfaithful during one of his incarcerations and told him about it and have not gone outside the marraige since then; he however has done so.

    He has been through multiple drug addictions and loves to play mind games. He constantly mentally abused me and was physical on one occasion. He has an extensive criminal background. I have two things on my record, but that is it.

    Almost two months ago he left for work in the morning and never came home. At the time I was being a stay at home mom and enrolled in college online. We had just moved to a new place; we had no phone, internet,etc. We had one vehicle which was in my name because he has no license. He left me, our two chldren, and animals with no money, no car, no phone in the middle of the country. I was able to use the maintenance mans phone(because my mother called it worried about me, so he came to my door telling me to call her) after two and a half days. My mom came and got me so I could try to find him(at this point I did not know what was going on or if he was ok or what).

    I ended up getting ahold of his cousin and then him eventually(via text message) and being told that he killed someone with my car and was hiding out. I was told this lie for a week and was so confused and did not know what to do. Then my stimulus check came in the mail and he got to it before I did and got it cashed without my signature. After the check came he confessed that the "accident" story was a lie and that he was leaving me and taking the money and that the car was repoed by the car lot(because he refused to pay;even though he had my stimulus check).

    He went from place to place(girl to girl) and then to a hotel and then to a 16 year old girls house(who he says he is engaged to). He is in jail currently for probation violation, but is probably going to get out on Tuesday(July 29,2008) and released to the 16 year old girl and her mother.

    He wants to take the family dog and see the children. I am very nervous about him and his mental status. He has been diagnosed with multiple disorders. He is very coniving and will do anything to benefit himself and hurt me. Am I able to file for divorce on grounds of abandonment and how can I protect myself and my kids? IF he was able to be a mature,responsible man and father I would not care for him to be a part of the childrens lives. But at the moment I do not feel comfortable or safe about this.

    How do I protect my rights with my children? Should I file for sole custody? How does all this work in Kentucky? I never thought I would do all of this, but I want to make sure I do the right things so my kids are safe. I am even willing to never ask for child support as long as he cannot harm my kids or take them from me or try to continue to "control" my life.
    ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OR AT LEAST TELL ME WHERE TO GO!!!!
    [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    Last edited by sn0w_ang3l_7108; 07-26-2008, 10:20 PM. Reason: importance

  • #2
    The big bold letters make it impossible to read your post.

    Could you correct that and put it into paragraphs please?

    From what I was able to read, you need an attorney.

    Write down everything that happened, and include the dates and any proof you might have. Other than that, I cannot give any suggestions without studying it, (which I find impossible to do at this time.)

    Comment


    • #3
      ......

      there ya go. i didn't realize it was difficult to read that way. do you know anything about kentucky family law? or are you just giving opinion?(not trying to be rude, just wondering for legal reasons). I cannot afford a lawyer, was trying to see what would be the best and smartest way to go. Or if I was maybe able to get assistance with the process. I just want to make sure I do everything the right way.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am in Missouri, and went through a divorce that was the mother of divorces. I got full custody of the kids which is almost impossible from a female judge. I can point you in the right direction, but will never give legal advice over the web. It is not allowed on this site.

        Last night I had just got off a 16 hour shift, and could not read your complete post. Thanks for separating it.


        Originally posted by sn0w_ang3l_7108 View Post
        I have been married since November 6, 2002. My husband cheated on me for basically the entire time. He has been incarcerated for most of the "marriage"(which is basically the only times he was faithful,lol). I was unfaithful during one of his incarcerations and told him about it and have not gone outside the marriage since then; he however has done so.
        Document every instance you can think of. (Ammunition)

        Originally posted by sn0w_ang3l_7108 View Post
        He has been through multiple drug addictions and loves to play mind games. He constantly mentally abused me and was physical on one occasion. He has an extensive criminal background. I have two things on my record, but that is it.
        Was the police called? Document this as well. Set up a time line.

        Originally posted by sn0w_ang3l_7108 View Post
        Almost two months ago he left for work in the morning and never came home. At the time I was being a stay at home mom and enrolled in college online. We had just moved to a new place; we had no phone, internet,etc. We had one vehicle which was in my name because he has no license. He left me, our two children, and animals with no money, no car, no phone in the middle of the country. I was able to use the maintenance mans phone(because my mother called it worried about me, so he came to my door telling me to call her) after two and a half days. My mom came and got me so I could try to find him(at this point I did not know what was going on or if he was ok or what).
        Abandonment. Sounds like grounds to me.

        Originally posted by sn0w_ang3l_7108 View Post
        I ended up getting ahold of his cousin and then him eventually(via text message) and being told that he killed someone with my car and was hiding out. I was told this lie for a week and was so confused and did not know what to do. Then my stimulus check came in the mail and he got to it before I did and got it cashed without my signature. After the check came he confessed that the "accident" story was a lie and that he was leaving me and taking the money and that the car was repoed by the car lot(because he refused to pay;even though he had my stimulus check).
        Can you send the texts to your email, so you can use them as ammunition?
        I do not know if that money is community property or not. Not my field of expertise. You might be able to charge him with theft. Call the IRS. They would know.

        Originally posted by sn0w_ang3l_7108 View Post
        He went from place to place(girl to girl) and then to a hotel and then to a 16 year old girls house(who he says he is engaged to). He is in jail currently for probation violation, but is probably going to get out on Tuesday(July 29,2008) and released to the 16 year old girl and her mother.
        Document. Not a violation of law

        Originally posted by sn0w_ang3l_7108 View Post
        He wants to take the family dog and see the children. I am very nervous about him and his mental status. He has been diagnosed with multiple disorders. He is very conniving and will do anything to benefit himself and hurt me. Am I able to file for divorce on grounds of abandonment and how can I protect myself and my kids? IF he was able to be a mature,responsible man and father I would not care for him to be a part of the children's lives. But at the moment I do not feel comfortable or safe about this.
        This is where you need to see a lawyer. Ask about legal aid. (State pays for your divorce) My ex got her bills paid by the state, until her lawyer quit in the middle of court because she was not following his directions.

        Originally posted by sn0w_ang3l_7108 View Post
        How do I protect my rights with my children? Should I file for sole custody? How does all this work in Kentucky? I never thought I would do all of this, but I want to make sure I do the right things so my kids are safe. I am even willing to never ask for child support as long as he cannot harm my kids or take them from me or try to continue to "control" my life.
        ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OR AT LEAST TELL ME WHERE TO GO!!!!

        There must be some form of legal aid in your neck of the woods, Check with social services or the health department for a referral. Many churches will be able to point you in the right direction as to a legal way you can protect the children.

        You can not do this on your own and be sure of protecting the children.

        Comment


        • #5
          thanks

          I only have a portion of the texts left because my phone automatically deletes old ones to make room for new ones. He admitted on his own free will that he was physical towards me to his probation officer. So that is documented with her.

          I am not really worried about my bills getting paid. I am able to take care of that, always have. I was just worried about the cost of the lawyer and court costs and things of that nature.

          I was told that the only thing I could do for the stimulus check was to try to press charges but that wouldn't get my money back and the only way I could try to get that was by suing him;which I would never see the money.

          I am going to try to get ahold of legal aid tomorrow.I just don't know what to do or where to start. I hate having to do things like this, but I feel if I don't then it will backfire on me in the end.

          Comment


          • #6
            File a police report on the theft, this will be more ammunition.

            Good luck, I will pray for you.

            Comment

            The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X