Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • question

    I am getting married August 23rd 2008. The man that I am marrying is not the father of my son. He may as well be since he has been with him since he was 6months old and is now 2years old. Well since we are getting married in a little over a month he would really like to adopt him. His real father ( I like to call him the sperm donor) lives in Illinois and has never seen him. He doesnt pay child support and has never called or written. He is ordered to pay ten dollars a month, but has never made the first payment. What do I need to do to have my soon to be husband the legal father of my son. Thanks!!!

  • #2
    To make it easiest on yourself, wait a year after you have been married and then get obtain the services of an adoption lawyer.

    Go to the bio dad and tell him that if he signs over his rights to the child to your hubby, you won't pursue the past due amounts.

    Easy peasy.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

    I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

    Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.


    • #3
      I don't know what this question has to do with employment law but I knew you would answer it cyjeff since you have an adopted daughter.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      • #4
        This post has been moved to the appropriate category.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


        • #5
          Sorry I didnt mean to post it in the wrong thing..I havent done this much!! Thanks for the reply!!


          The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.