Illinois Process to Get Visitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Process to Get Visitation

My son has 3 daughters. He is a non-custodial parent and, FWIW, was never married to his daughters' mother.

The mother of my granddaughters has not allowed the girls to see their father since June of 2011. (She got married in the Spring of 2011 and I don't know if that had anything to do with my son's loss of visitation.)

The problem...Although he pays child support, there was never any court order for visitation. Since they were never married, there was no divorce proceeding. He has no money for an attorney. Does he have any other options? Do you know of any organizations that assist non-custodial fathers with matters like this.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Das ist in der Doktor!

=rsh1953;1174274]My son has 3 daughters. He is a non-custodial parent and, FWIW, was never married to his daughters' mother.

The mother of my granddaughters has not allowed the girls to see their father since June of 2011. (She got married in the Spring of 2011 and I don't know if that had anything to do with my son's loss of visitation.)
    Likely as not, her getting married had less to do with it while having NO court order for visitation had everything to do with it.
    Not wanting to sound harsh but where was your sons head when all this went down?
    He's paying child support and unless there's something you're not telling us He has every right to see his children!
    You don't have to be married, then divorced in order to be granted visitation
    Why did he not bring up the subject of visitation at the time that child support was being discussed?

The problem...Although he pays child support, there was never any court order for visitation. Since they were never married, there was no divorce proceeding. He has no money for an attorney. Does he have any other options? Do you know of any organizations that assist non-custodial fathers with matters like this.Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
    Not off the top of my head.
    My best guess would to look in the phone book.
    He might also look for a local chapter of Parents Without Partners,
    I bet he'd find a whole wealth of information there.

.._______________
    ~ Free advice is like your public defender,
    …you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Comment

Son can go right here and start reading

Without a court order, Mom doesn't have to allow any contact at all.

Comment

Op

Thanks for the replies.

Since my son never had any problems with visitation prior to 2011, I don't think it occurred to him to make sure visitation was addressed when he went to court for the child support. (That was probably 5+ years ago.)

He did not have an attorney. He simply went to court with his tax return and a record of the payments he had been making without the order.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by rsh1953 View Post
          Thanks for the replies.

Since my son never had any problems with visitation prior to 2011, I don't think it occurred to him to make sure visitation was addressed when he went to court for the child support. (That was probably 5+ years ago.)

He did not have an attorney. He simply went to court with his tax return and a record of the payments he had been making without the order.
          Well unfortunately,
          for what ever reasons he does now.
          I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

..________________
          ~ Those who cannot hear an angry shout,
          may strain to hear a whisper ~ Spock
          Last edited by drruthless; 03-05-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X