termination of parental rights Illinois Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• termination of parental rights Illinois Illinois

I recieved a message from my 2 daughters father today stating he wishes to give up his parental rights. We divorced in 2007 and i recieved full custody then. Over the years the girls may have spent the night 6 times.. Mainly he picks them up if they call him begging and then its only for a few hours. He never keeps a job and trys to hid it when he gets one so he doesnt have to pay child support. I was recieving medical card for while but no longer am, I work in EMS (have for 5 years) and work at our local hospital to cover the girls under insurance. I have a fiance who i have been with for over two years who helps support, love, care, and do everything the girls need. He would love to adopt them. My issue is i dont think he can until we are married. The girls father is a drunk and has been since he was old enough to hold a beer in his hand. The girls have came home with stories of him getting drunk and falling into fires, him drinking and driving, and calling them names... but of course with no proof how far could i go. The girls are now 9 and 7 and are able to tell you that their dad has no part of their lives, i never ever talked about their dad in front of them because i do not agree with that and wanted them to make their own opinions on it. Am i able to have him voluntarily terminate rights? or do i have to be married and have an willing adoption ready? illinois

(I answered your other thread)

Comment

Duplicate thread. Please post your question only once - thanks.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X