Out of money to fight and don't qualify for legal aid? Illinois Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of money to fight and don't qualify for legal aid? Illinois Illinois

My children's and I have been in a custody battle since around Aug 2010. And it look like we will be dealing with this for at least another 8 months. Currently my daughter (3) lives with him (temp cust) and my son (1) lives with me. We swap kids 2 days a week and change every other weekend. Anyhow, everyone was waiting on the 604B evaluators recommendation, but when it came back in my favor, my children's father decided to get hire another evaluator for a second opinion, so now we are looking at the very least another 8 months in court. I am a single mother with rent, daycare, child expenses, & bills, my poor Mom is working two jobs, hustling everyday to make sure everyone eats. We are OUT of money, completely out. While my children's father lives with his parents and has a limitless supply of money. I CANNOT lose my children by default because of money! I am exhausting every option but I do not qualify for any legal aid I have found, and I feel if I try and represent myself, I'll fail my kids..... Please if anyone has any advise I would be so grateful. Thank you and good luck in all your endeavors.

Originally posted by hotttodddie View Post
    My children's and I have been in a custody battle since around Aug 2010. And it look like we will be dealing with this for at least another 8 months. Currently my daughter (3) lives with him (temp cust) and my son (1) lives with me. We swap kids 2 days a week and change every other weekend. Anyhow, everyone was waiting on the 604B evaluators recommendation, but when it came back in my favor, my children's father decided to get hire another evaluator for a second opinion, so now we are looking at the very least another 8 months in court. I am a single mother with rent, daycare, child expenses, & bills, my poor Mom is working two jobs, hustling everyday to make sure everyone eats. We are OUT of money, completely out. While my children's father lives with his parents and has a limitless supply of money. I CANNOT lose my children by default because of money! I am exhausting every option but I do not qualify for any legal aid I have found, and I feel if I try and represent myself, I'll fail my kids..... Please if anyone has any advise I would be so grateful. Thank you and good luck in all your endeavors.

How did he end up with temp custody of the eldest?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X