This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Dating 19 and 16 Years Old

Im 19 years old. My boyfriend is 3 years younger than me. I've been with him for 3 years. We don't have sex. We won't until we are married. So is it still legal for me to be with him?

What do his parents say?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

They don't know....
      He refuses to tell them for my sake.

Comment

Originally posted by questions2007 View Post
        They don't know....
        He refuses to tell them for my sake.
        Then no, you cannot be with him.

If he is refusing to tell them, it probably means that they won't approve. And if they say no, that is the law. Tell him if he wants to be with you, he must ask his parent's permission. If he refuses, run.

And it is not just a matter of sex. If you have any sexual contact with him, it would be a felony. That includes kissing, cuddling, making out, holding eachother and even holding hands. Do you really love this child so much that you would risk having to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life?

You are an adult. You should not be dating a high school student.

Comment

Well the thing is I do love him. More than anything.

Comment

Well the thing is I do love him. More than anything.
            I refuse to believe that you are that stupid.

And if you are that stupid, then you DESERVE to be on the sex offender registry, because it proves that you care nothing about the law and only about what feels good to you. That is what pedophiles do.

First you will go to jail for your sex crime, which will not be a short sentence because it will be a felony conviction. If you are a man, this can be even harder on you, as men who commit sex offenses against children are especially brutalized in prison.

Once released, you will not be able to move anywhere or get a job without telling EVERYONE around you that you are a sex offender. And you will be listed on the internet as such, so anyone with access to a computer and type in "sex offenders" and where they live and your face will pop up. You will not be allowed within a certain distance of schools or playgrounds, so forget ever taking your future children to the park or going to one of their school functions. You will be a social pariah. And all for the love of a 16 year old boy. So honestly, if you are so stupid that you would risk that rather than just wait two years until it is legal for you two to be together, then all you are doing is wasting everyone's time posting the question at all.

You asked if it was legal. Dating is legal. But if his parents disapprove, it is illegal. And if you touch him in any way, shape or form other than a high-five, you are committing a felony.
            Last edited by MomofBoys; 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MomofBoys View Post
              I refuse to believe that you are that stupid.

And if you are that stupid, then you DESERVE to be on the sex offender registry, because it proves that you care nothing about the law and only about what feels good to you. That is what pedophiles do.

First you will go to jail for your sex crime, which will not be a short sentence because it will be a felony conviction. If you are a man, this can be even harder on you, as men who commit sex offenses against children are especially brutalized in prison.

Once released, you will not be able to move anywhere or get a job without telling EVERYONE around you that you are a sex offender. And you will be listed on the internet as such, so anyone with access to a computer and type in "sex offenders" and where they live and your face will pop up. You will not be allowed within a certain distance of schools or playgrounds, so forget ever taking your future children to the park or going to one of their school functions. You will be a social pariah. And all for the love of a 16 year old boy. So honestly, if you are so stupid that you would risk that rather than just wait two years until it is legal for you two to be together, then all you are doing is wasting everyone's time posting the question at all.

You asked if it was legal. Dating is legal. But if his parents disapprove, it is illegal. And if you touch him in any way, shape or form other than a high-five, you are committing a felony.

" because it proves that you care nothing about the law and only about what feels good to you"

HONESTLY...how idiotic is that statement right there? If you actually believe life is about living for the LAW and not yourself....you DESERVE to be shot. We are alive for the purpose of love. So many people are forgetting we are not here to obey man....but God. And I would wait for him untill he was 80 if I had to. I've waited 3 years and I will wait 2 more just so we can be together. Because no matter how many people disapprove of it I love him and he loves me. Because the truth is if he was 18 and I was 21 nobody would care.

Comment

" because it proves that you care nothing about the law and only about what feels good to you"

HONESTLY...how idiotic is that statement right there? If you actually believe life is about living for the LAW and not yourself....you DESERVE to be shot. .
                Honestly, your response here proves once again that you care for no one but yourself, you brat.

I deserve to be shot? You advocate that kind of violence against someone who simply disagrees with your outlook on life? What the hell is wrong with you? By the way, smart a$$, that can be considered a threat via the internet, and you have now committed a federal offense. Way to prove your maturity.

The only thing that seperates man from animals is justice. It is our ability to reason things, decide between right and wrong and live your life accordingly. Sure, it is important to do what makes you happy. But there is a limit. Some people are happy stealing. Some are happy shooting up heroin. Some like to force sex on others. The laws are there for a reason.

How in world you came up with me thinking that life was about living for the law is moronic beyond words. Telling me I should get shot is illegal, and don't think for one second I can't or won't report it.

We are alive for the purpose of love. .
                You are a moron.

So many people are forgetting we are not here to obey man....but God. .
                Even God had laws, you idiot. They started with the 10 commandments, and there are many many more. God even forbade man to lie down with child, which is what you want to do.

And I would wait for him untill he was 80 if I had to. I've waited 3 years and I will wait 2 more just so we can be together. Because no matter how many people disapprove of it I love him and he loves me. Because the truth is if he was 18 and I was 21 nobody would care.
                That's precisely the point. Wait until he is 18. If you already knew this, what the hell did you waste anyone's time for?

Comment

You obviously can't comprehend the words that I have typed so let me lay it out for you.

I did not threaten you. I simply said you deserved to be. That is not a threat that is a statement.

I was talking about God's laws because it seems we forgot about those. How can you talk about the 10 commandments when you put man's laws above his? And I beg you too report it because I have what I came here for.

All men are not created equal anymore. They are biased. And you my dear are a liberal.

Comment

One more thing, genius.

All that stuff I posted about the ramifications of being a registered sex offender are true. Go ahead and delude yourself into thinking that you are somehow above the law because you follow the code of God. Because all your future empolyers and neighbors, they are going to care about the LAW... the one that says you will have to register as a sex offender for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. And when they find that out, no one will want to hire you, befriend you, and don't forget, you will NOT be able to be anywhere near a park or school, so actually spending time with your future children will be impossible.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just the idiot who needs to be shot.

Oh yeah... you've been with him since he was 13? Congratualtions! If you so much as kissed him, you have already committed a felony, even though you were a minor yourself. That means you already ARE a pedophile.

Comment

You obviously can't comprehend the words that I have typed so let me lay it out for you.
                      Well, you are 19 and I am a grown woman with an education who is married to an adult, not molesting a boy. If I cannot comprehend the words you have typed, it is because I have no tolerance for pedophiles.

I did not threaten you. I simply said you deserved to be. That is not a threat that is a statement.
                      I said it could be considered a threat. The nature of a threat is that someone feels threatened. It is not about your intent, but if the person who you directed the statement at (me) felt you were serious, and therefore felt threatened. You don't understand the law too much, huh?

I was talking about God's laws because it seems we forgot about those.
                      Yes -- you forgot that God forbade man to lie down with child.

How can you talk about the 10 commandments when you put man's laws above his?
                      How do you know my religious philospohy? Just because I respect the laws of man doesn't mean I somehow DISRESPECT the laws of God. Not to mention you are justifing the fact that you are a pedophile by invoking the laws of God.

And I beg you too report it because I have what I came here for.
                      You came here for someone to report your illegal activity? OK then.

All men are not created equal anymore. They are biased. And you my dear are a liberal.
                      Did I mention that you are a moron? Because you are.

For starters pumpkin, men were always biased. Women too. That's why some people adored Ceasar, and others wanted him killed. That's why Jesus was crucified. That's why people disagree about the war in Iraq. That's why some people are excited that Duke just tanked in the first round, and others are heartbroken. EVERYONE picks a side. That's how choice works.

You have chosen to be on the side of a pedophile.

You think I am a liberal? Fine. Go ahead and e-mail Hannity or Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh about how much you love and adore your little boy boyfriend. NONE of them will tell you any different from what I have told you. Hell, O'Reilly will probably go on a personal crusade to stop you. Fine by me!

If you are going to lay down with children, you certainly should not try to paint yourself as a traditional conservative.

Comment

Umm, actually, questions2007, if you want to start preaching I suggest you please refer to WHOLE section (it's pretty big and complicated) about how God instucted humans to set up and enforce man made law. God's Law will not save you or protect you from prosecution while you remain on this earth.

Seriously, this has to be the biggest pile of bologna I've seen posted in a long, long time. God doesn't give you the right to "love" a child. God commands that you protect and nurture the child. So, even if we go by your argument, you are wrong on all fronts.

Are you actually saying that conservatives condone child abuse/molestation? Do you really mean to say that liberals do not believe or adhere to God's Law? Do you really mean to say that you are not bound by US law because you only answer to a higher power? (FYI, that argument has landed every person who invoked that defense in prison. I have NEVER seen it work) Do us a favor. Stick to one argument and stick with it. You don't seem to be able to handle more than one point at a time.

Leave the little kid alone and quit advocating violence. It says more about you and your controlling nature than you can imagine. Let us know what happens when his Mommy and Daddy find out that an adult predator is corrupting their baby boy.
                        Last edited by mommyof4; 03-16-2007, 07:55 AM.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                        (unique up on him)
                        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                        (same way)

Comment

Let me try to help here.

Being in love is not a legally protected affirmative defense to child molestation charges.

Not even if you are really really in love. Judges don't care what you believe the purpose of life is. Not even a little.

Without the approval of his parents, you are committing a series of acts that can, at best, force your separation from the child and, at worst, have you incarcerated at one of the more unsavory penal institutions as a sexual offender.

Talk to his parents. If they say yes, keep your hands and other body parts to yourself. If they say no, wait until he is 18.

No, there is no law that must force parents of a minor to let him date you.
                          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I was talking about God's laws because it seems we forgot about those. How can you talk about the 10 commandments when you put man's laws above his? And I beg you too report it because I have what I came here for.

Two things... if you want to begin a religious discussion that says that pedophilia is a God given right... I am all ears. Well, all ears and laughter. You still have to tell us how you got past the whole "Honor thy mother and father" bit... because you should have already talked to them about dating their child.

Second, all men ARE created equally. However, you are dating children. They have different rules. Oh, and earlier bedtimes. And can't drink, or get into movies above PG-13, or drive... etc. In other words, the rules for adults and children are radically different.
                            Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

19 and dating 16

WOW!! For a woman preaching the ten commandments, you certainly are not showing the love of God to this young lady. Calling her a PEDOPHILE? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? I'd like to know what happened back in the 30's and 40's when they married at 14 or 16 and so on. My grandparents were married for 75 years when they passed away. They married in the early 1900's. they were quite a far away in age too. I cannot beleive you would call this young woman a pedophile! She's stated that she is not having sex, and he obviously loves her because they have been together for 3 years and are being smart about it. I am dealing with a similar situation and I LOVE MY SON'S Girlfriend! They are four years apart. She's the older one. We supervise everything they do and they are never alone EVER. Her parents have an issue with it because her brother made mistakes and now she is paying for those because they let him do whatever whenever. She is under their roof but she pays for everything herself. Car is paid off, pays her own insurance and is getting ready to move out. And at that time, she will be allowed to come over and see my son without any problem. They are both christian young people and want to save themselves for each other. We believe God has brought them together. We have had several discussions and all is well on our side but her parents want her to have nothing to do with him because of her brother's screw up. I don't have any problem with them dating because we supervise EVERYTHING they do and they are NEVER left alone. This young lady who loves my son said she will wait for him as long as it takes and he the same. We pray together and love each other and I pray that her parents will come around but they won't have to worry for long because she will have her own place and then she can come see him whenever she wants to when we are here. I have eyes watching when we are not here and he is here alone and they both know that but they have done nothing to break our trust. I will pray for you because that is just completely juvenile and ugly to call this girl a pedophile. Funny thing, my son and his gf are the same age me and his father were when we dated. Our parents handled it the same way. Supervised. I'm dealing with the fact that we attend church together and its a smaller church and her parents want her to completely ignore him at church even. THAT MY FRIEND IS NOT CHRIST LIKE AT ALL! My son knows his boundaries and this has torn them both up but I'm gonna do all I can to see that if it is for certain God's will for them to be together, then they will be. And for an "adult with an "education" you don't have a clue. You can't comprehend the words that she has typed because you are ignorant and completely close minded. Molesting a boy? WOW. I believe this 19 year old girl is more of an educated woman than you will ever think about being. God help you. And to the young girl, props to you. You hang in there and if God wills, you will be with him forever. Be safe, make the right choices. He obviously loves you since he's not telling his parents due to the age issue but age aint nothin but a number anymore. Not saying any age is ok;it depends on the situation and i don't think four years is that much of a difference. Play it safe and pray for guidance and like i said, if God sees fit for you to be together He will bring it to pass. God bless you and hang in there.
                              Originally posted by MomofBoys View Post
                              Well, you are 19 and I am a grown woman with an education who is married to an adult, not molesting a boy. If I cannot comprehend the words you have typed, it is because I have no tolerance for pedophiles.

I said it could be considered a threat. The nature of a threat is that someone feels threatened. It is not about your intent, but if the person who you directed the statement at (me) felt you were serious, and therefore felt threatened. You don't understand the law too much, huh?

Yes -- you forgot that God forbade man to lie down with child.

How do you know my religious philospohy? Just because I respect the laws of man doesn't mean I somehow DISRESPECT the laws of God. Not to mention you are justifing the fact that you are a pedophile by invoking the laws of God.

You came here for someone to report your illegal activity? OK then.

Did I mention that you are a moron? Because you are.

For starters pumpkin, men were always biased. Women too. That's why some people adored Ceasar, and others wanted him killed. That's why Jesus was crucified. That's why people disagree about the war in Iraq. That's why some people are excited that Duke just tanked in the first round, and others are heartbroken. EVERYONE picks a side. That's how choice works.

You have chosen to be on the side of a pedophile.

You think I am a liberal? Fine. Go ahead and e-mail Hannity or Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh about how much you love and adore your little boy boyfriend. NONE of them will tell you any different from what I have told you. Hell, O'Reilly will probably go on a personal crusade to stop you. Fine by me!

If you are going to lay down with children, you certainly should not try to paint yourself as a traditional conservative.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X