• Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. Faces Lasting Damage Abroad

"angelo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    And I see you've used your military experience to become a Mighty
    Internet
    Warrior. i am ready to meet you anytime, you in maryland, lets get together pal,
    come
    on you are not afraid of a keyboard warrior right
    One of the cool things about being a Mighty Internet Warrior is you can
    challenge people to travel to your state and fight you. It inflates the ego.
    I'm glad I could help you feel like a man.

PLONK

Comment

On 8 May 2004 05:10:42 -0700, [email protected] (William)
      wrote:
      Xenos the elder <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<409[email protected]>...
      Ignoramus5882 wrote:
      Even the most gullible and stupidest people abroad no longer believe that we went to Iraq to promote democracy. "It's terrible and it's made life difficult for awhile," Kristol said. "But if it becomes clear that this is the exception and [the troops involved] are held accountable, it could end up being an impressive demonstration to countries where torture is routine."
      He is right with the " if ".
      Staff writers Dan Balz and Glenn Kessler contributed to this report. 2004 The Washington Post Company
      Take Action Now!
      From Abu Ghraib to Latin America: Map of U.S. Pattern of Abuse Grows
      Torture of Iraqi Soldiers Indicative of Ongoing Policy of Systematic and Illegal Abuse Recent reports of the torture of Iraqi detainees at the Abu Ghraib military prison near Baghdad are part of a larger pattern of abuse and torture at the hands of U.S. soldiers, U.S.-trained soliders, independent contractors and intelligence agents around the world.
      I guess you forgot that only minutes, hours and days before theprisoners were detained, they were insurgents trying to killAmericans, other coalition forces, and innocent, non-combattantIraquis. They are not peaceful prisoners only interested in 3 hotsand a cot. They fight with the prison guards, and if they could,would kill them. They try to escape so that they can kill moreAmericans, other coalition forces, and innocent Iraquis.As terrorist insurgents, they are not protected by the GenevaConvention. Too bad, huh?
      Hundreds of prisoners have been released from jails across
      Iraq in recent days after close examination of records.

Most of the prisoners were not "insurgents", but persons
      jailed for known or suspected criminal infractions. Some
      others were relatives of the above. Still others had no
      valid status.

Only a small percentage have been found to meet the requirements
      necessary for military detention.

Too bad, huh?

Comment

On 8 May 2004 05:10:42 -0700, [email protected] (William)
        wrote:
        Xenos the elder <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
        Ignoramus5882 wrote:
        Even the most gullible and stupidest people abroad no longer believe that we went to Iraq to promote democracy. "It's terrible and it's made life difficult for awhile," Kristol said. "But if it becomes clear that this is the exception and [the troops involved] are held accountable, it could end up being an impressive demonstration to countries where torture is routine."
        He is right with the " if ".
        Staff writers Dan Balz and Glenn Kessler contributed to this report. 2004 The Washington Post Company
        Take Action Now!
        From Abu Ghraib to Latin America: Map of U.S. Pattern of Abuse Grows
        Torture of Iraqi Soldiers Indicative of Ongoing Policy of Systematic and Illegal Abuse Recent reports of the torture of Iraqi detainees at the Abu Ghraib military prison near Baghdad are part of a larger pattern of abuse and torture at the hands of U.S. soldiers, U.S.-trained soliders, independent contractors and intelligence agents around the world.
        I guess you forgot that only minutes, hours and days before theprisoners were detained, they were insurgents trying to killAmericans, other coalition forces, and innocent, non-combattantIraquis. They are not peaceful prisoners only interested in 3 hotsand a cot. They fight with the prison guards, and if they could,would kill them. They try to escape so that they can kill moreAmericans, other coalition forces, and innocent Iraquis.As terrorist insurgents, they are not protected by the GenevaConvention. Too bad, huh?
        Hundreds of prisoners have been released from jails across
        Iraq in recent days after close examination of records.

Most of the prisoners were not "insurgents", but persons
        jailed for known or suspected criminal infractions. Some
        others were relatives of the above. Still others had no
        valid status.

Only a small percentage have been found to meet the requirements
        necessary for military detention.

Too bad, huh?

Comment

angelo said...
          Your posts aren't worthy of being called juvenile. In fact, they aren't even worth reading if this is any indication.
          really dogbreath have you have been in a combat situation *******, I guess not, you couldn't even keep your woman from cheating looser
          Funny guy. And by the way, that's "loser", not "looser".

As far as combat goes, the thought of you with an M16 (or even a sharp
          stick) scares the hell out of me.

I'm ignoring you from now on - into my killfile you go.

Casey

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
          who annoy me." - Fred Allen

Comment

angelo said...
            Your posts aren't worthy of being called juvenile. In fact, they aren't even worth reading if this is any indication.
            really dogbreath have you have been in a combat situation *******, I guess not, you couldn't even keep your woman from cheating looser
            Funny guy. And by the way, that's "loser", not "looser".

As far as combat goes, the thought of you with an M16 (or even a sharp
            stick) scares the hell out of me.

I'm ignoring you from now on - into my killfile you go.

Casey

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
            who annoy me." - Fred Allen

Comment

In article <[email protected]>,
              "angelo" <[email protected]> wrote:
              Some of us here have, for longer than the first Gulf War lasted. One of
              the reasons, we fought, was supposedly for the right for US citizens and
              legal guests of the US to speak their minds, as guaranteed under the US
              Constitution. Guess we and those before us went under a false pretenses.

Why did you go? So you could claim to be a man? Given your great
              communication skills, your duty must have been limited to permanent
              latrine duty. None of the "real" men, I served with, would feel they
              have to resort to name calling to win an argument or make their point.
              That is the sign of a weak individual.

In later posts you said you'd meet someone anytime. I was challenged by
              better men than you, when I was in. I'm still standing, without bodily
              harm. You'll have to stand in line, if you want a piece of me. Besides,
              we have only your statement here as proof that you saw combat, same as
              mine. You could be lying, I could be lying, or we could both be lying.

Casey's reason for the loss of his spouse has nothing to do with this
              argument. But, someone with a small mind, incapable of anything other
              than simple thoughts, would have to use such a tactic to draw off the
              attention from the real meaning of this thread. Someone who is not
              capable of being an "Army of One". Must have worked for Halliburton.

CP

Comment

In article <[email protected]s.com>,
                "angelo" <[email protected]> wrote:
                Some of us here have, for longer than the first Gulf War lasted. One of
                the reasons, we fought, was supposedly for the right for US citizens and
                legal guests of the US to speak their minds, as guaranteed under the US
                Constitution. Guess we and those before us went under a false pretenses.

Why did you go? So you could claim to be a man? Given your great
                communication skills, your duty must have been limited to permanent
                latrine duty. None of the "real" men, I served with, would feel they
                have to resort to name calling to win an argument or make their point.
                That is the sign of a weak individual.

In later posts you said you'd meet someone anytime. I was challenged by
                better men than you, when I was in. I'm still standing, without bodily
                harm. You'll have to stand in line, if you want a piece of me. Besides,
                we have only your statement here as proof that you saw combat, same as
                mine. You could be lying, I could be lying, or we could both be lying.

Casey's reason for the loss of his spouse has nothing to do with this
                argument. But, someone with a small mind, incapable of anything other
                than simple thoughts, would have to use such a tactic to draw off the
                attention from the real meaning of this thread. Someone who is not
                capable of being an "Army of One". Must have worked for Halliburton.

CP

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X