OT: US Presidential hopefuls

Jingle Bells <[email protected]> wrote:
    Bush 7% Sorry George !
    I didn't get rated against George, I guess because I said I was a
    Democrat. 7% sounds good to me though!

Comment

DrLith <[email protected]> wrote:
      Boy, it's getting crowded over here on the left!
      We need to get Bill to take it. He seems pretty conservative. Or Tony.

Comment

Emma Anne wrote:
        Probably not quite as conservative as you may think. I was in favor of
        Hillary's universal health coverage plan, and I am definitely a supporter of
        saving the environment, although I fear it is now too late to reverse a lot of
        it.

See - you can't always judge a book by its cover, or even its first 100 pages!

Comment

[email protected] (Emma Anne) writes:
          Actually, I don't think he is that conservative on the sort of issues
          that this poll measures. I bet anything that if he takes it he still
          gets rated with the democrats.

Comment

Doug Anderson wrote:
            Actually, I don't think he is that conservative on the sort of issues that this poll measures. I bet anything that if he takes it he still gets rated with the democrats.
            Yup - you're right.

Comment

Bill in Co. <[email protected]> wrote:
              Emma Anne wrote:
              Probably not quite as conservative as you may think. I was in favor of Hillary's universal health coverage plan, and I am definitely a supporter of saving the environment, although I fear it is now too late to reverse a lot of it. See - you can't always judge a book by its cover, or even its first 100 pages!
              OK, a bad guess on my part! I notice Gene Seibel has posted his very
              conservative results, so we at least know that the quiz doesn't give the
              same answers to everyone.

Comment

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:49:26 GMT, Emma Anne
                <[email protected]> wrote:
                I thought I posted it already...

Kerry 100%

Bush 67%

All the others between those two.

-Tony

--
                "If the grass appears to be greener on the other side of the fence, it's time
                to fertilize your lawn!"
                Want to jump start your marriage? Consider a Marriage Encounter weekend.
                Check out http://www.wwme.org for more information.

Comment

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:49:26 GMT, Emma Anne
                  Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
                  Keep in mind that this poll is based on how your opinions compare with these politicians stated views, and doesn't take into account your knowledge of what these people have done in the past.
                  Yes. For example Kucinich is a Catholic who was pro-life until he decided to run for president. So I don't put much faith in what he says his views are now. I am actually rooting for Howard Dean, because I think he has what it takes to fight back against the coming smears. I guess he doesn't have much chance at this point though.
                  I'd like to see Kerry/Edwards, with Clark as Sec of Defense, and Dean
                  would probably make a good "Drug Czar". )

-Tony
                  It also doesn't take into account your gestalt about whether this person is suited to the job in temperment. It _also_ (and this riles me) counts George Bush as having "served in the military." Protecting Galveston from the Viet Cong should not be considered comparable to the experiences of either Clark or Kerry!
                  Yeah, the hoser. :-)

--
                  to fertilize your lawn!"

Comment

In article <[email protected]>,
                    Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
                    Actually, I don't think he is that conservative on the sort of issues that this poll measures. I bet anything that if he takes it he still gets rated with the democrats.
                    I took the poll - and I tend to see myself on the moderate-conservative
                    brand of GOP - although I have voted for people that don't fit that mold
                    (cases in point - Clinton the first time, and Carol Moseley-Braun for
                    senate when we lived in Illinois for a few years)

Bush was at the top for me - 100%
                    Kerry was next in the high 80's
                    Then Edwards
                    Kucinich at the bottom.

Later my wife took the poll.

We answered most of the items identically - a few somewhat different.
                    She left a few as undecided because she didn't know enough. She also
                    rated all of the overall themes as "very important", while I rated them
                    all as important but to different degrees.

Her results came up:

Kerry 100%
                    Then several other democrats.
                    Bush was somewhere near the bottom.

She eschewed the results, both at first glance and also after we
                    reviewed Kerry's views, she disagreed in most cases.

The concept is interesting, but the implementation seems flawed - could
                    be a good tool for folks to start researching candidates. But,
                    obviously, there is more to picking leadership than an internet poll.
                    To do so would be akin to picking your hubby based on a poll at the back
                    of Cosmopolitan.

Comment

"Daniel L. Snyder " <[email protected]> writes:
                      In article <[email protected]>, Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
                      DrLith <[email protected]> wrote: > Boy, it's getting crowded over here on the left! We need to get Bill to take it. He seems pretty conservative. Or Tony.
                      I took the poll - and I tend to see myself on the moderate-conservative brand of GOP - although I have voted for people that don't fit that mold (cases in point - Clinton the first time,
                      In my opinion Clinton fits that role pretty well. He's slightly to
                      the right of Richard M. Nixon.

and Carol Moseley-Braun for
                      senate when we lived in Illinois for a few years) Bush was at the top for me - 100% Kerry was next in the high 80's Then Edwards Kucinich at the bottom. Later my wife took the poll. We answered most of the items identically - a few somewhat different. She left a few as undecided because she didn't know enough. She also rated all of the overall themes as "very important", while I rated them all as important but to different degrees. Her results came up: Kerry 100% Then several other democrats. Bush was somewhere near the bottom. She eschewed the results, both at first glance and also after we reviewed Kerry's views, she disagreed in most cases. The concept is interesting, but the implementation seems flawed
                      Absolutely!

Comment

Tony Miller <[email protected]> wrote:
                        On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:49:26 GMT, Emma Anne <[email protected]> wrote:
                        I thought I posted it already... Kerry 100% Bush 67% All the others between those two.
                        Perhaps I missed it. That doesn't sound all that conservative!

Comment

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:21:03 GMT, Emma Anne
                          On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:49:26 GMT, Emma Anne <[email protected]> wrote:
                          DrLith <[email protected]> wrote:> Boy, it's getting crowded over here on the left! We need to get Bill to take it. He seems pretty conservative. Or Tony.
                          I thought I posted it already... Kerry 100% Bush 67% All the others between those two.
                          I'm thinking the whole thing is a mechanism to make conservatives think
                          they are more aligned with the Democrats than Bush.

-Tony

--
                          to fertilize your lawn!"

Comment

Tony Miller wrote:
                            Emma Anne wrote:
                            I'm thinking the whole thing is a mechanism to make conservatives think they are more aligned with the Democrats than Bush.
                            Actually probably not far off; after all, true
                            conservatives are interested in maintaining the US
                            Constitutions... which the Bush Regime^H^H^H^H^H^HAdministration
                            doesn't seem to.

So it's probably a sure thing for someone who believes
                            in the rule of law to align more closely w/ the Democrats.

Sheesh. I need to get a life.

--
                            Jack C Lipton | [email protected] | http://www.asstr.org/~CupaSoup/

Comment

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:21:03 GMT, Emma Anne <[email protected]> wrote:
                              On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:49:26 GMT, Emma Anne <[email protected]> wrote: > DrLith <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Boy, it's getting crowded over here on the left! > > We need to get Bill to take it. He seems pretty conservative. Or Tony. I thought I posted it already... Kerry 100% Bush 67% All the others between those two.
                              I'm thinking the whole thing is a mechanism to make conservatives think they are more aligned with the Democrats than Bush.
                              That could be true - but people here have posted that they are 100%
                              aligned with Bush, so the slant couldn't be that severe.

Comment

I just thought about something last night...

Republicans call democrats the "Tax and Spend" people...

But republicans should be called "Spend and don't tax" people...

i

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                                Working...
                                X