• Show
Clear All

• nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby

Bad *** me said

<snip>

The only
    thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they
    paid for
    anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.

Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to
    repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth. The
    law is very clear on that. You were lucky that you were in a position
    to pay your own way but many aren't. If your agency is using the same
    tactic on mothers who don't have the ability to repay, those mothers
    are being swindled as they would believe they have no recourse but to
    hand their baby over in lieu of payment.

Never trust the advice of people who require your baby in order to
    make their living.

nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby

>Subject: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby
    From: [email protected] (Dian)Date: 12/13/2004 3:11 PM Pacific Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>B ad *** me said<snip> The onlything was that the agency was very careful to explain that if theypaid foranything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required torepay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth.
    Wrong. Idaho is the exception.

http://laws.adoption.com/statutes_at...ulation_of.php

"Idaho is the only State that requires reimbursement of expenses to prospective
    adoptive parents should the parent decide not to place the child for adoption."

I'm not sure what state BadAss is talking about though.

(snip)

Kathy

Comment

"Dian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
      news:[email protected] om...
      | Bad *** me said
      |
      | <snip>
      |
      | The only
      | thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they
      | paid for
      | anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.
      |
      |
      | Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to
      | repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth. The
      | law is very clear on that. You were lucky that you were in a position
      | to pay your own way but many aren't. If your agency is using the same
      | tactic on mothers who don't have the ability to repay, those mothers
      | are being swindled as they would believe they have no recourse but to
      | hand their baby over in lieu of payment.
      |
      | Never trust the advice of people who require your baby in order to
      | make their living.

Thats not true. If they had paid my housing expenses or medical bills then
      I would have had to repay that had I changed my mind. An agency can ask the
      birth parents to sign a financial agreement for their protection. This can
      help them recoup money lost due to fraud. Besides helping to protect them
      against fraud it also helps the birth mother/father understand the
      importance of their decison. No agency could ever use this to take someones
      baby away. The most they could do is possibly get a judgment and the
      parents have to repay the money spent and I really doubt that in a case
      where the woman was truly pregnant and not trying to con anyone that a court
      would make a judgment against her. No one is stupid enough to believe that
      a judge will take their baby away for payment of a debt any way.
      If a woman can not pay her own medical expenses or doesnt have insurance
      then there are state programs to help as well as free and low cost clinics
      in almost all towns. Even though my husband makes way too much for me to be
      eligible for medical aid (I checked since I dont have insurance and have
      health problems) if I were to get pregnant I could automatically get it for
      the duration of the pregnancy. Many states like IN have state health
      insurance programs that are based on your income level and anyone can get.
      You pay the premiums and copay based on your income level. ANyone is
      eligible.
      --
      BaD *** Me

Comment

"Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        | >Subject: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby
        | >From: [email protected] (Dian)
        | >Date: 12/13/2004 3:11 PM Pacific Standard Time
        | >Message-id: <[email protected]google.com >
        | >
        | >Bad *** me said
        | >
        | ><snip>
        | >
        | > The only
        | >thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they
        | >paid for
        | >anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.
        | >
        | >
        | >Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to
        | >repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth.
        |
        | Wrong. Idaho is the exception.
        |
        | http://laws.adoption.com/statutes_at...ulation_of.php
        |
        | "Idaho is the only State that requires reimbursement of expenses to
        prospective
        | adoptive parents should the parent decide not to place the child for
        adoption."
        |
        | I'm not sure what state BadAss is talking about though.
        |
        | (snip)
        |
        |
        | Kathy
        |
        |
        Agencys can as the parents to sign a financial agreement to repay money
        spent if they back out on the adoption. Florida is one state that allows
        this and I know there are others.
        --
        BaD *** Me

Comment

>
          "Dian" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected] oogle.com...| Bad *** me said|| <snip>|| The only| thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they| paid for| anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.||| Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to| repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth. The| law is very clear on that. You were lucky that you were in a position| to pay your own way but many aren't. If your agency is using the same| tactic on mothers who don't have the ability to repay, those mothers| are being swindled as they would believe they have no recourse but to| hand their baby over in lieu of payment.|| Never trust the advice of people who require your baby in order to| make their living.Thats not true. If they had paid my housing expenses or medical bills thenI would have had to repay that had I changed my mind. An agency can ask thebirth parents to sign a financial agreement for their protection. This canhelp them recoup money lost due to fraud. Besides helping to protect themagainst fraud it also helps the birth mother/father understand theimportance of their decison. No agency could ever use this to take someonesbaby away. The most they could do is possibly get a judgment and theparents have to repay the money spent and I really doubt that in a casewhere the woman was truly pregnant and not trying to con anyone that a courtwould make a judgment against her. No one is stupid enough to believe thata judge will take their baby away for payment of a debt any way.If a woman can not pay her own medical expenses or doesnt have insurancethen there are state programs to help as well as free and low cost clinicsin almost all towns. Even though my husband makes way too much for me to beeligible for medical aid (I checked since I dont have insurance and havehealth problems) if I were to get pregnant I could automatically get it forthe duration of the pregnancy. Many states like IN have state healthinsurance programs that are based on your income level and anyone can get.You pay the premiums and copay based on your income level. ANyone iseligible.--BaD *** Me
          I didn't take the time to read the Idaho link posted earlier in the thread.
          Absent a statute requiring reimbursement of these expenses, I'd think some
          courts would refuse to require it, since that economic pressure could well be
          enough to prevent a woman from exercising her rights to withhold consent to
          adoption after the child was born.

As far as no one being stupid enough to believe that a judge would take a baby
          away for payment of a debt: you overestimate the population of the US by a
          substantial margin. Even limiting the issue to recent immigrants raised in
          completely arbitrary judicial systems, it is easy to see how one could fear
          precisely this. Or one could look at the Native American/ First People issues
          in the US and Canada and see how even the relatively educated could fear that
          the government could and would take a child away against one's will.

Note that I am not saying it would happen, only that it is easy enough to see
          how some could come to think it a possibility.

J.

J.

Reply to jmhjmd at aol.

Comment

>Subject: Re: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby
            From: [email protected]ostible (J.)Date: 12/13/2004 6:51 PM Mountain Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>
            Note that I am not saying it would happen, only that it is easy enough to seehow some could come to think it a possibility.J.
            Hey, I actually saw a Pap on Judge Judy last year. The pbmom wanted to take
            the rest of her kids to Disneyland, and the Paps were stupid enough pay for it.
            They got their money back.

-------------------------
            A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend will
            be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!"
            -----Unknown

Comment

>
              Subject: Re: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a babyFrom: [email protected]ostible (J.)Date: 12/13/2004 6:51 PM Mountain Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>
              Note that I am not saying it would happen, only that it is easy enough to
              see
              how some could come to think it a possibility.J.
              Hey, I actually saw a Pap on Judge Judy last year. The pbmom wanted to takethe rest of her kids to Disneyland, and the Paps were stupid enough pay forit. They got their money back.
              Daytime TV: proof that one can never underestimate humanity.

J.

Reply to jmhjmd at aol.

Comment

From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]Date: 12/13/2004 4:35 PM Pacific Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>"Kat hy " <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]| >Subject: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby| >From: [email protected] (Dian)| >Date: 12/13/2004 3:11 PM Pacific Standard Time| >Message-id: <[email protected] >| >| >Bad *** me said| >| ><snip>| >| > The only| >thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they| >paid for| >anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.| >| >| >Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to| >repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth.|| Wrong. Idaho is the exception.|| http://laws.adoption.com/statutes_at...ulation_of.php|| "Idaho is the only State that requires reimbursement of expenses toprospective| adoptive parents should the parent decide not to place the child foradoption."|| I'm not sure what state BadAss is talking about though.|| (snip)||| Kathy||Agencys can as the parents to sign a financial agreement to repay moneyspent if they back out on the adoption. Florida is one state that allowsthis and I know there are others.--BaD *** Me
                Nah, not so.

Kathy

Comment

| >Subject: Re: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby
                  | >From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]
                  | >Date: 12/13/2004 4:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
                  | >Message-id: <[email protected]>
                  | >
                  | >
                  | >"Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message
                  | >news:[email protected]
                  | >| >Subject: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby
                  | >| >From: [email protected] (Dian)
                  | >| >Date: 12/13/2004 3:11 PM Pacific Standard Time
                  | >| >Message-id: <[email protected] >
                  | >| >
                  | >| >Bad *** me said
                  | >| >
                  | >| ><snip>
                  | >| >
                  | >| > The only
                  | >| >thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they
                  | >| >paid for
                  | >| >anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.
                  | >| >
                  | >| >
                  | >| >Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to
                  | >| >repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth.
                  | >|
                  | >| Wrong. Idaho is the exception.
                  | >|
                  | >| http://laws.adoption.com/statutes_at...ulation_of.php
                  | >|
                  | >| "Idaho is the only State that requires reimbursement of expenses to
                  | >prospective
                  | >| adoptive parents should the parent decide not to place the child for
                  | >adoption."
                  | >|
                  | >| I'm not sure what state BadAss is talking about though.
                  | >|
                  | >| (snip)
                  | >|
                  | >|
                  | >| Kathy
                  | >|
                  | >|
                  | >Agencys can as the parents to sign a financial agreement to repay money
                  | >spent if they back out on the adoption. Florida is one state that allows
                  | >this and I know there are others.
                  | >--
                  | >BaD *** Me
                  | >
                  |
                  | Nah, not so.
                  |
                  |
                  | Kathy
                  |

So..

We have the birth mother sign a financial agreement, which obligates her to
                  repay such monies if the placement disrupts. In reality, very few have the
                  resources to do so. The financial agreement may allow you to write off such
                  losses as a bad debt. In addition, we can pursue a judgment against the
                  birth mother, which is valid in Florida for 20 years (and renewable for
                  another 20). An attorney that specializes in creditors' issues can then
                  handle enforcement of the judgment.
                  http://www.floridaadoptionattorney.c...e_parents.html
                  Once you decide to plan an adoption, the adoptive family you choose can
                  assist with pregnancy-related expenses such as medical costs, clothing, room
                  and board, and lost wages. (You may be asked to repay these expenses if you
                  choose not to place your baby after it is born.) We'll help you assess your
                  financial needs. We'll work with you so you feel comfortable asking for what
                  you need during your pregnancy and immediately following the baby's birth.
                  http://www.openadopt.org/birthparents/faq.html

--
                  BaD *** Me

Comment

"BaD *** Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                    news:[email protected] .
                    "Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] | >Subject: Re: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby | >From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected] | >Date: 12/13/2004 4:35 PM Pacific Standard Time | >Message-id: <[email protected]> | > | > | >"Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message | >news:[email protected] | >| >Subject: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby | >| >From: [email protected] (Dian) | >| >Date: 12/13/2004 3:11 PM Pacific Standard Time | >| >Message-id: <[email protected] > | >| > | >| >Bad *** me said | >| > | >| ><snip> | >| > | >| > The only | >| >thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they | >| >paid for | >| >anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses. | >| > | >| > | >| >Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to | >| >repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth. | >| | >| Wrong. Idaho is the exception. | >| | >| http://laws.adoption.com/statutes_at...ulation_of.php | >| | >| "Idaho is the only State that requires reimbursement of expenses to | >prospective | >| adoptive parents should the parent decide not to place the child for | >adoption." | >| | >| I'm not sure what state BadAss is talking about though. | >| | >| (snip) | >| | >| | >| Kathy | >| | >| | >Agencys can as the parents to sign a financial agreement to repay money | >spent if they back out on the adoption. Florida is one state that allows | >this and I know there are others. | >-- | >BaD *** Me | > | | Nah, not so. | | | Kathy | So.. We have the birth mother sign a financial agreement, which obligates her to repay such monies if the placement disrupts. In reality, very few have the resources to do so. The financial agreement may allow you to write off such losses as a bad debt. In addition, we can pursue a judgment against the birth mother, which is valid in Florida for 20 years (and renewable for another 20). An attorney that specializes in creditors' issues can then handle enforcement of the judgment. http://www.floridaadoptionattorney.c...e_parents.html Once you decide to plan an adoption, the adoptive family you choose can assist with pregnancy-related expenses such as medical costs, clothing, room and board, and lost wages. (You may be asked to repay these expenses if you choose not to place your baby after it is born.) We'll help you assess your financial needs. We'll work with you so you feel comfortable asking for what you need during your pregnancy and immediately following the baby's birth. http://www.openadopt.org/birthparents/faq.html -- BaD *** Me
                    BaD *** Me,
                    What the FAQ's in your http://www.openadopt.org/birthparents/faq.html link
                    fail to mention is that open adoption contracts are legally binding only in
                    the weakest sense of the word. For instance, in Oregon the adoptive family
                    can cut off all contact and the worst that can happen is they can be sued
                    for monetary damages. Unless I'm mistaken the contract itself can't be
                    enforced by a court order. Take our open adoption agreement for example.
                    According to the contract that was signed by both parties we can cut off
                    contact for any reason at any time. We can be sued for monetary damages
                    (how would anyone attach a dollar amount to such a case?) but the simple act
                    of the bio-parents filing a suit against us renders the entire contract
                    agreement null and void, regardless of the outcome of any lawsuit. I think
                    in our case the whole thing was an exercise in futility as both bio-parents
                    have stopped contacting us altogether. Oh well, at least the lawyers made a
                    few bucks... I didn't really need that savings account anyway

Comment

"hmm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                      |
                      | "BaD *** Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                      | news:[email protected] .
                      | >
                      | > "Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message
                      | > news:[email protected]
                      | > | >Subject: Re: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a
                      | > baby
                      | > | >From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]
                      | > | >Date: 12/13/2004 4:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
                      | > | >Message-id: <[email protected]>
                      | > | >
                      | > | >
                      | > | >"Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message
                      | > | >news:[email protected]
                      | > | >| >Subject: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a
                      | > baby
                      | > | >| >From: [email protected] (Dian)
                      | > | >| >Date: 12/13/2004 3:11 PM Pacific Standard Time
                      | > | >| >Message-id: <[email protected] >
                      | > | >| >
                      | > | >| >Bad *** me said
                      | > | >| >
                      | > | >| ><snip>
                      | > | >| >
                      | > | >| > The only
                      | > | >| >thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they
                      | > | >| >paid for
                      | > | >| >anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.
                      | > | >| >
                      | > | >| >
                      | > | >| >Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to
                      | > | >| >repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth.
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >| Wrong. Idaho is the exception.
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >| "Idaho is the only State that requires reimbursement of expenses to
                      | > | >prospective
                      | > | >| adoptive parents should the parent decide not to place the child
                      for
                      | > | >adoption."
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >| I'm not sure what state BadAss is talking about though.
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >| (snip)
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >| Kathy
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >|
                      | > | >Agencys can as the parents to sign a financial agreement to repay
                      money
                      | > | >spent if they back out on the adoption. Florida is one state that
                      | > allows
                      | > | >this and I know there are others.
                      | > | >--
                      | > | >BaD *** Me
                      | > | >
                      | > |
                      | > | Nah, not so.
                      | > |
                      | > |
                      | > | Kathy
                      | > |
                      | >
                      | > So..
                      | >
                      | > We have the birth mother sign a financial agreement, which obligates her
                      | > to
                      | > repay such monies if the placement disrupts. In reality, very few have
                      the
                      | > resources to do so. The financial agreement may allow you to write off
                      | > such
                      | > losses as a bad debt. In addition, we can pursue a judgment against the
                      | > birth mother, which is valid in Florida for 20 years (and renewable for
                      | > another 20). An attorney that specializes in creditors' issues can then
                      | > handle enforcement of the judgment.
                      | > http://www.floridaadoptionattorney.c...e_parents.html
                      | > Once you decide to plan an adoption, the adoptive family you choose can
                      | > assist with pregnancy-related expenses such as medical costs, clothing,
                      | > room
                      | > and board, and lost wages. (You may be asked to repay these expenses if
                      | > you
                      | > choose not to place your baby after it is born.) We'll help you assess
                      | > your
                      | > financial needs. We'll work with you so you feel comfortable asking for
                      | > what
                      | > you need during your pregnancy and immediately following the baby's
                      birth.
                      | > http://www.openadopt.org/birthparents/faq.html
                      | >
                      | >
                      | > --
                      | > BaD *** Me
                      | >
                      | >
                      |
                      | BaD *** Me,
                      | What the FAQ's in your http://www.openadopt.org/birthparents/faq.html link
                      | fail to mention is that open adoption contracts are legally binding only
                      in
                      | the weakest sense of the word. For instance, in Oregon the adoptive
                      family
                      | can cut off all contact and the worst that can happen is they can be sued
                      | for monetary damages. Unless I'm mistaken the contract itself can't be
                      | enforced by a court order. Take our open adoption agreement for example.
                      | According to the contract that was signed by both parties we can cut off
                      | contact for any reason at any time. We can be sued for monetary damages
                      | (how would anyone attach a dollar amount to such a case?) but the simple
                      act
                      | of the bio-parents filing a suit against us renders the entire contract
                      | agreement null and void, regardless of the outcome of any lawsuit. I
                      think
                      | in our case the whole thing was an exercise in futility as both
                      bio-parents
                      | have stopped contacting us altogether. Oh well, at least the lawyers made
                      a
                      | few bucks... I didn't really need that savings account anyway
                      |

All of which I have said before. These things were made very clear during
                      the adoption proceedings. The judge was quite clear about any promises that
                      may have been made by me or the adoptive parents etc..
                      --
                      BaD *** Me

Comment

From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]Date: 12/14/2004 2:31 PM Pacific Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>"Kath y " <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]| >Subject: Re: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby| >From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]| >Date: 12/13/2004 4:35 PM Pacific Standard Time| >Message-id: <[email protected]>| >| >| >"Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message| >news:[email protected]| >| >Subject: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby| >| >From: [email protected] (Dian)| >| >Date: 12/13/2004 3:11 PM Pacific Standard Time| >| >Message-id: <[email protected] >| >| >| >| >Bad *** me said| >| >| >| ><snip>| >| >| >| > The only| >| >thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they| >| >paid for| >| >anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.| >| >| >| >| >| >Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to| >| >repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth.| >|| >| Wrong. Idaho is the exception.| >|| >| http://laws.adoption.com/statutes_at...ulation_of.php| >|| >| "Idaho is the only State that requires reimbursement of expenses to| >prospective| >| adoptive parents should the parent decide not to place the child for| >adoption."| >|| >| I'm not sure what state BadAss is talking about though.| >|| >| (snip)| >|| >|| >| Kathy| >|| >|| >Agencys can as the parents to sign a financial agreement to repay money| >spent if they back out on the adoption. Florida is one state that allows| >this and I know there are others.| >--| >BaD *** Me| >|| Nah, not so.||| Kathy|So..We have the birth mother sign a financial agreement, which obligates her torepay such monies if the placement disrupts. In reality, very few have theresources to do so. The financial agreement may allow you to write off suchlosses as a bad debt. In addition, we can pursue a judgment against thebirth mother, which is valid in Florida for 20 years (and renewable foranother 20). An attorney that specializes in creditors' issues can thenhandle enforcement of the judgment.http://www.floridaadoptionattorney.c...e_parents.htmlOnce you decide to plan an adoption, the adoptive family you choose canassist with pregnancy-related expenses such as medical costs, clothing, roomand board, and lost wages. (You may be asked to repay these expenses if youchoose not to place your baby after it is born.) We'll help you assess yourfinancial needs. We'll work with you so you feel comfortable asking for whatyou need during your pregnancy and immediately following the baby's birth.http://www.openadopt.org/birthparents/faq.html
                        What they are doing is illegal. Read about Florida statute here:

http://laws.adoption.com/florida_state_regulation.php

Nothing about it requires the nmother to reimburse expenses should she decide
                        not to relinquish.

Kathy

Comment

| >Subject: Re: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a baby
                          | >From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]
                          | >Date: 12/14/2004 2:31 PM Pacific Standard Time
                          | >Message-id: <[email protected]>
                          | >
                          | >
                          | >"Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message
                          | >news:[email protected]
                          | >| >Subject: Re: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a
                          baby
                          | >| >From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]
                          | >| >Date: 12/13/2004 4:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
                          | >| >Message-id: <[email protected]>
                          | >| >
                          | >| >
                          | >| >"Kathy " <[email protected]> wrote in message
                          | >| >news:[email protected]
                          | >| >| >Subject: nfant adoption is a risky venture for adults who want a
                          baby
                          | >| >| >From: [email protected] (Dian)
                          | >| >| >Date: 12/13/2004 3:11 PM Pacific Standard Time
                          | >| >| >Message-id: <[email protected] >
                          | >| >| >
                          | >| >| >Bad *** me said
                          | >| >| >
                          | >| >| ><snip>
                          | >| >| >
                          | >| >| > The only
                          | >| >| >thing was that the agency was very careful to explain that if they
                          | >| >| >paid for
                          | >| >| >anything and I backed out, id have to repay the expenses.
                          | >| >| >
                          | >| >| >
                          | >| >| >Then they lied to you. Nowhere in the US is the mother required to
                          | >| >| >repay expenses if she changes her mind after the child's birth.
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >| Wrong. Idaho is the exception.
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >| "Idaho is the only State that requires reimbursement of expenses to
                          | >| >prospective
                          | >| >| adoptive parents should the parent decide not to place the child for
                          | >| >adoption."
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >| I'm not sure what state BadAss is talking about though.
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >| (snip)
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >| Kathy
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >|
                          | >| >Agencys can as the parents to sign a financial agreement to repay
                          money
                          | >| >spent if they back out on the adoption. Florida is one state that
                          allows
                          | >| >this and I know there are others.
                          | >| >--
                          | >| >BaD *** Me
                          | >| >
                          | >|
                          | >| Nah, not so.
                          | >|
                          | >|
                          | >| Kathy
                          | >|
                          | >
                          | >So..
                          | >
                          | >We have the birth mother sign a financial agreement, which obligates her
                          to
                          | >repay such monies if the placement disrupts. In reality, very few have
                          the
                          | >resources to do so. The financial agreement may allow you to write off
                          such
                          | >losses as a bad debt. In addition, we can pursue a judgment against the
                          | >birth mother, which is valid in Florida for 20 years (and renewable for
                          | >another 20). An attorney that specializes in creditors' issues can then
                          | >handle enforcement of the judgment.
                          | >http://www.floridaadoptionattorney.c...e_parents.html
                          | >Once you decide to plan an adoption, the adoptive family you choose can
                          | >assist with pregnancy-related expenses such as medical costs, clothing,
                          room
                          | >and board, and lost wages. (You may be asked to repay these expenses if
                          you
                          | >choose not to place your baby after it is born.) We'll help you assess
                          your
                          | >financial needs. We'll work with you so you feel comfortable asking for
                          what
                          | >you need during your pregnancy and immediately following the baby's
                          birth.
                          | >http://www.openadopt.org/birthparents/faq.html
                          |
                          | What they are doing is illegal. Read about Florida statute here:
                          |
                          | http://laws.adoption.com/florida_state_regulation.php
                          |
                          | Nothing about it requires the nmother to reimburse expenses should she
                          decide
                          | not to relinquish.
                          |
                          |
                          |
                          |
                          |
                          | Kathy
                          |

Nothing in the statue states that the mother cant be asked to sign a
                          financial statement or that she cant be required to return any money given
                          to her for expenses in anticipation of an adoption taking place if she
                          changes her mind.
                          --
                          BaD *** Me

Comment

BaD *** Me wrote:
                            |Nothing in the statue states that the mother cant be asked to sign afinancial statement or that she cant be required to return any money givento her for expenses in anticipation of an adoption taking place if shechanges her mind.

Well if you've been talking to a statue instead of a lawyer then what do
                            you expect? Mind you I know a couple of property lawyers hereabouts it'd
                            be difficult to tell the difference.

Robin

Comment

"Robin Harritt" <ningué[email protected]ão.hoje.agradecimentos> wrote in message
                              | BaD *** Me wrote:
                              |
                              | >|
                              | >
                              | >Nothing in the statue states that the mother cant be asked to sign a
                              | >financial statement or that she cant be required to return any money
                              given
                              | >to her for expenses in anticipation of an adoption taking place if she
                              | >changes her mind.
                              | >
                              | >
                              |
                              |
                              |
                              | Well if you've been talking to a statue instead of a lawyer then what do
                              | you expect? Mind you I know a couple of property lawyers hereabouts it'd
                              | be difficult to tell the difference.
                              |
                              |
                              |
                              | Robin
                              |

oops heres that missing (t) and also a couple of missing (',')
                              --
                              BaD *** Me

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X