No announcement yet.

Terminating a biological father's rights Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not about what "you" want! This is about the child not "you"! Listen file for the TPR but dont hold your breath
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Well thanks for your lack of help. And for your information, because clearly you couldn't see, that this IS about the child. The law does not protect children from the abandonment of deadbeat dads and this is something that should be changed. There should be a law that says, "If you choose to not be a parent for "X" amount of years, you will lose all rights to that child." The laws do not protect children from bad biological parents. I knew of a child in my town that got taken away from his parents THREE times for abuse and the courts kept giving him back because they SUPPORT the reunification of biological parents. After the third time, the child turned up missing and then found dead. They beat him to death. The laws need to wake up.

Comment

I understand I have five children three from my EX. My Ex has seen them three times since 2000. So yes I understand. Sadly its not criminal to avoid your child if child does not live with you or both our Exes would be in jail. So yes I understand!! Do yourself a favor when your in court talk to judge about child's best interest. Not what You want! If you want to change a law then write your State's Represenative in DC if he she wont act as you desire you can vote him/her out next election. This site isnt about what should be law. We can only answer on what we know (through various sources) on what usually happens. That and provide statute when applicable
        Last edited by panther10758; 11-05-2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

That sucks that you had that many kids with such a person. However, does your ex have serious mental conditions? Well, I am going to wait and see what happens with the other child's mother and go from there. Have a good night. Oh, and in response to your little message at the bottom of your posts....yes, we did procreate with these people.. People lie. People cheat. People pretend to be things that they are not. Children should not be punished for what we couldn't see, for what those people chose to hide from us.

Comment

Yes she has mental issues and even with treatment shows little improvement. So once again I do understand! Let say this as well My current wife is "Mom" to all five even the three from Ex. I dont make issue of wanting TPR or no contact. Why simple she already has no contact on her own free will. Its a none issue. I did request and was granted "supervised visits only". Some things are better left alone. Wha tif you file for TPR Dad shows up to court tells judge he made mistake or you mad evisits impossible and ask for visits? I can tell you then judge will grant them. Like I said it might be best to leave well enough alone. Once (if ever) you remarry you you can revisit TPR with your current hubby adopting. Its much easier that way

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X