FATHER PAYING EX WON'T LET US SEE Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FATHER PAYING EX WON'T LET US SEE Georgia

My husband has been paying child support (income dedustion order) included in that is arrears . We cannot the the ex wife to return any calls to set up a visitation with the boys. What or who do we need to contact on this issues. Please help it has been over 5 years!

Is there a visitation order? If there is, and if it is not being followed, that is contempt. If there is no visitation order, he will need to get one--either through consent or in court. Since she won't call him back, you probably have a pretty good idea what your options are. One thing he CANNOT do is stop paying the child support for denial of visitation. The two issues are legally separate in Georgia.
    The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created or should be implied.

Comment

Father Paying No Visistation.....

It is stated in the divorce the visitaion arrangements. However, child support was NOT paid for several years. We started paying again over 7 months ago the regular paymant with arrears. Waited some time to show that it was the real deal and we were serious. There is no telling what she has told the boys. Is there any agency I cannot contact to notify her that sshe may be in contempt.....

Comment

Originally posted by dwatson1121 View Post
        It is stated in the divorce the visitaion arrangements. However, child support was NOT paid for several years. We started paying again over 7 months ago the regular paymant with arrears. Waited some time to show that it was the real deal and we were serious. There is no telling what she has told the boys. Is there any agency I cannot contact to notify her that sshe may be in contempt.....
        Your husband needs to file for contempt ASAP. That is the ONLY way that he'll force her to allow visits.

Comment

Was there contact made through those several years? Does your husband know how to contact her? Is the order out of Georgia? Did your husband move to Hawaii? What has he done in the last five years in attempt to contact or enforce his visitation rights? These questions are all very relevent.

Comment

Not sure how hawaii got conneted to this tread. It is only a Georgia issue. There no no cotact made during those years. She basicly forced us out of their lives. She actually called us back last night. She wants us to take drug test, crimial back ground for the last five years and still does not want us to see them. There is NO history of drug or crimial convictions at all. Can she enforce this issue? The order is out of Georgia. We all still live in the state of georgia. however, the boys got o scholl in North Carolina (they live at the state line). Any hep as to procecced would greatly be apprecaited.....

Comment

As stated before, your husband needs to file for contempt. She must abide by the court order, whether he is behind in child support or not.
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

I also do not think the custodial parent can just have all these requirements out of the blue. Drug test and background checks? I dont think so.

File a motion for contempt. If you have a lawyer to represent you I have seen cases that include stipulations for lawyers fees to be paid by the custodial parent should they be found in contempt for interfering with visitation.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X