9 yr old daughter wants to live with mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 yr old daughter wants to live with mom

Ok here the deal. My daughter will be nine in November. She lives in Hawaii with her father and step mother. She wants to live in Ohio with me but her father and stepmother keep telling her stuff like. You can live with her when you turn 18 and your mother will have to take us to court and so on. We have joint custody and when we got the divorce I thought joint custody would prevent him from leaving the state of ohio with her but I was wrong. I have lived in the same house for over 3 years and I have a very steady income with benefits. I am not remarried nor have any other children. I know that I spend more time with her than her father does throughout the year when she is here during the summer which is the only time I get to see her even though it was his choice to take her from me. He is suppose to consult me about everything when it comes to her but he consults me about nothing and he doesn't fly her to me for visitation. I have to go get her and spend a lot of money to do this. That doesn't bother me except that he took her from me and he doesn't think about what this is doing to her. I need help and need to know if I stand a chance in court before I spend a lot of money fighting a court battle with him. It's very expensive to fly out there and back plus the cost of court fees and attorney fees and so on.

Thanks

First, how long ago did he move? Did he have permission through the court to move? Is there anything in your custody order that addresses how costs of visitation are to be handled?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

He moved in December of 2002 so I'm pretty sure that the Ohio courts will not pick up the case. The only thing in the divorce papers about visitation is "reasonable visitation". Nothing about cost of flying her to and from because he was being discharged from the military and he was suppose to move back to Ohio and stay. The papers are pretty vague when it comes to all that. And no the court did not give him permission to move. I was told he was allowed to move because he had physical control of the child. Plus he drinks all the time and even with her around and his was of playing around with her is him hitting her in the head, arms, legs etc. I very rarely drink and when I do I never drink around her I don't even keep acohol in the house. I do believe in spanking a child if the punishment fits the crime but I can't remember the last time I had her and had to. She is a really good child but she acts out because she doesn't want to be in Hawaii
      Last edited by me1587; 10-21-2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Well, that last bit of information was incorrect, but as it has been 3.5 years, I don't think you will have muh success getting a court to hear your case on that point.

However, you most certainly should file to modify the order to address transportation costs and more visitation time for you, with times explicitly spelled out.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        (unique up on him)
        (same way)

Comment

What do you mean that last bit of information is incorrect?

Comment

I mean that just because he had primary residential (physical) custody, he could NOT just leave the state with her.

I replied before you added the extra information.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

Three different lawyers told me different. I'm just wondering if I didn't explain it to them good enough. But that still leaves the whole she wants to live with me and she pays for it everyday just because my ex wants to be a controling F***. She shouldn't have to pay for our mistakes. I really need to figure a way. The sad part is is I could of had everything because he was cheating on me and I had the proof but I believe that my daughter had a right to be with her father also.

Comment

Well, congratulations Kelly. Not only did you manage to necropost successfully, you also managed to reply with an answer that makes absolutely no sense to the question being asked. What a dope.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

what a

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                  Well, congratulations Kelly. Not only did you manage to necropost successfully, you also managed to reply with an answer that makes absolutely no sense to the question being asked. What a dope.
                  someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morn. go have a cup of coffee, you'll feel better

Comment

Originally posted by proudpoppaof2girls View Post
                    someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morn. go have a cup of coffee, you'll feel better
                    Perhaps if you were to take your med's YOU would feel better! You were banned under this "name" on freeadvice.com.....I know this for a fact because I am the one that reported it to Mary...

Go away Kelly....get some help for your sick, sick problem!
                    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Well, one, I don't drink coffee. I stick to hot chocolate. (It's yummy. My husband gets it for me every morning. Such a sweetie).

Two, you are now using yet ANOTHER alias to support your own nonsensical postings. Still a dope.
                      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                      (unique up on him)
                      (same way)

Comment

Also, I don't know about you ladies, but I LIKE it when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed... that means by husband let me sleep in and I am hogging his side, so I am well rested and the pillow smells like him!

Also, coffee is a natural diuretic, so it really only makes you feel better if you have to poop.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X