Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Laws for moving out in GA Georgia

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Laws for moving out in GA Georgia

    Very simple question, What are the laws for Moving out in GA now days? (Age/Circumstances/etc).

    My co-worker has a daughter who is 17 and wanting to move out to a friends house, However he is not entirely sure if she should or not. No he is not dictating that she can not do so, However he wants to know in the event she does do so (without consent) what are the routes he can go about getting her back.

    Furthermore, What exactly do they do to 17 year old girls/boys when they do such as this? I've heard numerous things such as they will not force the child back to the home if they are in no danger/etc. I have also heard they will take the child back as soon as they find them, Point blank i need to know what they will do given the circumstances (The child being 17) and/if she can actually do it and get away with it. I've also heard that the parents has to go through the courts in order to file a petition to get the child forcibly brought back to the house-hold, I'm not entirely sure what the GA laws for this now days are so any help would be appreciated.


  • #2
    OP started a new thread under emancipation law today since they received no
    reply here yet.

    Please post any replies under new thread - thanks. (Just to be sure we don't
    end up with 2 threads getting replies.)

    new thread:
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.