should I take away his rights Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I take away his rights Georgia

am a 33 year old single mother of a 5 year old boy. I allow my son and his father to be together every Friday night. Every Friday he calls (from a blocked number and asks if he can pick my son up to spend the night. I always agree, never refused him to see his son. Even with a blocked number.

This year he asked me if he could take him for Christmas to Louisiana and I allowed him to take my son. However this is the problem. This man has no respect for me as the mother of our child. He blocks his phone number and has not called me to even let me know they made it ok. It's been since Monday, and I still have not heard from them.

The only contact I have that is close to him is his mother in Chicago (my son's grandmother) I called her yesterday and they called her. But I didnt get a phone call. I am his mother. I should be the one they call to let me know they are ok.

I know in GA the non-custodial parent has no rights if the parents were never married. But I never refused him to see and spend time with his son. But the blantant disregard for me as the mother is getting ridiculous.

Do I need to tell him to now go through the court system. That way he will have to provide a number and address when he takes his son. I know where he lives but not because he told me, I had to search on the internet. But why he blocks his number is beyond me.

I am being cooperative and it seems like he doesnt want to try to establish a parental partnership with me.

Please advise

Yes. Start the court process now.

Why you would EVER let a man you can't get a hold of take your child for several days is beyond me.

Anyway, set up visitation with contact numbers and scheduled visits. Also set up Child Support.

Do it today.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Thanks cyjeff

I appreciate your help. and I will answer you question on why. Believe me I was very hesistant, I just didnt want my son to not be without his father, Trying to be nice has obviously taken a turn for the worse. I still have no explanation as to why he blocks his number and why he hasnt contacted me at all since my son has been gone.

Thanks,
      aiden's mom

Comment

letter I wrote to aiden's father

Dear :

I am writing regarding your failure to give me your personal contact information. I have asked you to provide me with your telephone number on several occasions. I need this information so that you can be contacted in the event of an emergency regarding Aiden.

Also, I have asked that you call me when taking Aiden on out-of-town trips, so that I can rest assured that he gets there safely and is doing fine. I do not wish to contact you for any other outside purposes.

You have ignored and refused my repeated requests for this information. I believe my requests are reasonable. Please provide me with your telephone number(s) within one week of receiving this letter.

It is important that Aiden is able to spend time with you, but I have to also consider his safety and well-being. If you refuse to give me the appropriate information, I will have no other choice but to contact my attorney to pursue legal action to get the court to compel you to provide this information and coordinate your visitation activities. I would like to avoid this step if at all possible.

sincerely,

Comment

That's not what I would do.

I would tell him that you are going to court. That the boy will not leave with him unless you know exactly where he is going and you not only have Dad's cell number, but that you will be calling to talk to your son on a nightly basis at an agreed upon time.

If he says no to any of it, the boy doesn't go.
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X