Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia

What to know what my rights are, I’m divorced (state of ga) and have three children. I joint legal custody with me being the primary custodial parent. it also says in the divorce decree that if we can not come to an agreement that I have the final decision making power. I'm engaged to be married and my fiancé is a polit. We might need to relocate out of state because of his job. I need to know if I need to file anything with the court or just notify my ex so we can make some other visitation arrangement.

Originally posted by divorced mom View Post
    What to know what my rights are, I’m divorced (state of ga) and have three children. I joint legal custody with me being the primary custodial parent. it also says in the divorce decree that if we can not come to an agreement that I have the final decision making power. I'm engaged to be married and my fiancé is a polit. We might need to relocate out of state because of his job. I need to know if I need to file anything with the court or just notify my ex so we can make some other visitation arrangement.
    Your final decision making power does not apply to moving the children out of state. You will need approval of your ex to do so, and probably a court order. If he does not agree to the move, you will have to prove to the court that it is in the childrens' best interest to move out of state and away from their father.

If he agrees to the move, it should not be difficult, but will still have to be filed with the court.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X