Can anyone help me who actually knows the laws Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me who actually knows the laws Georgia

I am 27 weeks pregnant my boyfriend is 17, I will be 16 befor i have my baby. So can he still go to jail once i turn 16? and my mother is not going to let me stay with her anylonger after i have my baby, so oculd i live with him even if she says no, but keep in mind shes kicking me out once i have the baby.

Your mother cannot kick you out. You cannot live with your boyfriend.

He probably won't go to jail, but he doesn't have the right to see YOU until you turn 18. He will have the right to see the baby when he establishes paternity and files for visitation.

Plan, now, on filing for child support.

Have a sit down with your mom. Talk quietly and don't get defensive. Weigh your options for the baby. Weigh your options for your future.

Your best bet is putting the child up for adoption. You have too much on your plate right now just being you to take care of a baby. Sure, it sounds all wonderful - but there are people in their 30's with good jobs that have a hard time affording a child.

Two kids on part time work don't have a hope. You don't have money for insurance, diapers, formula, clothes, etc... and asking your mother to magically grant you all this isn't fair... to HER.

Motherhood is wonderful... but your chances of fulfilling your own potential are severely hampered.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
      Your mother cannot kick you out. You cannot live with your boyfriend.

He probably won't go to jail, but he doesn't have the right to see YOU until you turn 18. He will have the right to see the baby when he establishes paternity and files for visitation.

Plan, now, on filing for child support.

Have a sit down with your mom. Talk quietly and don't get defensive. Weigh your options for the baby. Weigh your options for your future.

Your best bet is putting the child up for adoption. You have too much on your plate right now just being you to take care of a baby. Sure, it sounds all wonderful - but there are people in their 30's with good jobs that have a hard time affording a child.

Two kids on part time work don't have a hope. You don't have money for insurance, diapers, formula, clothes, etc... and asking your mother to magically grant you all this isn't fair... to HER.

Motherhood is wonderful... but your chances of fulfilling your own potential are severely hampered.

He wants to help me. We are going to stay together, at least thats what we are hopping is going to happen.Me and my mother have already decided it was ok for me to keep the baby, just because it was part my ault it happened and i know my mother cant be there to help me everytime something happens to me.I couldnt put my child up for adoption, ever. I mean i took the time to make it, even tho it wasnt planed but i still did it so ima take responsibility for it. My daddy dosnt like that im keeping the baby and i really woudlnt want to live there after i ahve the baby because my dad drinks sometimes and no one can pridict what is ging to happen when he comes home and has been drinking.So im just kinda in a hard spot with everything right now

Comment

Originally posted by babiigurl16 View Post
        He wants to help me. We are going to stay together, at least thats what we are hopping is going to happen.Me and my mother have already decided it was ok for me to keep the baby, just because it was part my ault it happened and i know my mother cant be there to help me everytime something happens to me.I couldnt put my child up for adoption, ever. I mean i took the time to make it, even tho it wasnt planed but i still did it so ima take responsibility for it. My daddy dosnt like that im keeping the baby and i really woudlnt want to live there after i ahve the baby because my dad drinks sometimes and no one can pridict what is ging to happen when he comes home and has been drinking.So im just kinda in a hard spot with everything right now
        I don't doubt that he wants to help... but how will he? Can he provide insurance or a substantial income flow?

I gotta ask... how in the HELL is this only "part" your fault? Were you not there? Were you not the one that had unprotected or, at my most charitable, unlucky sex? You aren't trying to tell me you got pregnant from a toilet seat, are you?

You want to play like an adult? Then act like one. Take responsibility for your actions. Realize that motherhood means that you just gave up the vast majority of your social life for the next 18 years. You either won't be able to afford a sitter or be able to afford to go out if you could.

You are in a "hard spot" right now because you put yourself in one. At no time in any of your posts did you ever talk about the baby's best interests. It was all about YOU. What YOU want, how YOU want to stay with your boyfriend, how YOUR life is so hard, what YOU "hopp" will happen.

Look around your life. Everything in it is about to change. Everything. Plan on being very poor, very unhappy and very stressed out for the next couple of decades because you decided to make and keep a child you couldn't afford, a child that keeps you from finishing school and getting a decent job, and a child who you couldn't care two poops about except how he/she can get you the life you are too stupid to think you want.

Good luck. I pity your child.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Oh... and you still can't live with your boyfriend.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X