father needs help in seeing his 2 kids Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• father needs help in seeing his 2 kids Georgia

I am the mother of a now pregnant 18 yr old daugher, she has moved in with her 28 yr old boyfriend, but she is still finighing hs. the problem is the ex-girlfriend will no longer allow "dad" to see his kids. After trying to talk with an attnry, he was told she could not represent him because she was freinds with the ex's family. Dad talked with judge who told him he has no legal right to his own children but has been reguired to pay child support. There were papers drawn up to that effect. She was allowing him to see them until they moved in together..... Does he have any rights? we need help!!!

He needs to petition the court for visitation. Not saying he is not being truthful, but I can not see a judge telling him he no rights to see his children. Now that is unless, he has been proven unfit due to neglect, abuse or something along those lines. He has as much right to his children as the mother does. Tell him to find a new attorney and file for visitation.
    Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by momneeding help View Post
      I am the mother of a now pregnant 18 yr old daugher, she has moved in with her 28 yr old boyfriend, but she is still finighing hs. the problem is the ex-girlfriend will no longer allow "dad" to see his kids. After trying to talk with an attnry, he was told she could not represent him because she was freinds with the ex's family. Dad talked with judge who told him he has no legal right to his own children but has been reguired to pay child support. There were papers drawn up to that effect. She was allowing him to see them until they moved in together..... Does he have any rights? we need help!!!
      Nice guy...Knocking up a high school girl...

Dad has the legal right to either, hire an attorney that does NOT have a conflict of interest to file for custody, or he can file for himself. Child support and custody/visitation are two different issues...Paying child support does not give you custody or visitation rights. He has to go to court to gain those rights.
      Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
        Nice guy...Knocking up a high school girl...

Dad has the legal right to either, hire an attorney that does NOT have a conflict of interest to file for custody, or he can file for himself. Child support and custody/visitation are two different issues...Paying child support does not give you custody or visitation rights. He has to go to court to gain those rights.
        thank you for your reply, but i have had a hard enough time dealing with all of this as it is, you have every right to your own opion, but i need need the trash talk. it was just as much her fault, it takes 2 to tango! i am just know getting to where i dont cry every single day!

Comment

Not saying he is not being truthful, but I can not see a judge telling him he no rights to see his children. Now that is unless, he has been proven unfit due to neglect, abuse or something along those lines. He has as much right to his children as the mother does.
          Unless there is a court order laying out custody/visitation rights for him, the judge is 100% correct. He has no legal right to see the children.

I have a feeling that is what the judge meant. Once he files in court and gets an order, Mom #1 won't have a choice. She will have to abide by the order.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

thank you for your reply, but i have had a hard enough time dealing with all of this as it is, you have every right to your own opion, but i need need the trash talk. it was just as much her fault, it takes 2 to tango! i am just know getting to where i dont cry every single day!
            I'm not being mean...

Are you at a point with your daughter that you can sit down and discuss the reality of the situation she has gotten herself into?

I'm thinking about dealing with custody, child support, etc. that will probably arise in the future.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

I wasn't intending to hurt your feelings..I am sorry that I did.

When one of the tango partners is still in HS and the other is approaching 30 that is an unfair dancing team...I hope this guy is not typical of older men who go after young girls...Controlling and abusive. Please keep in good contact with your daughter in case she needs help.

My advice on how this...man...can see his children is valid.

Again, I am sorry that I offended you...
              Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Bay

Comment

thank you! my daughter and I are very close, we talk about everything, i have to just be ok with them living together for now versus them getting married considering all the "baggage". i offered her all options and told her i would be 100% behind whateve she chose. This guy is not the typical "older"man at all. he is a good guy, yeah i hate the 10 yr span, but mentally, there is really not that much difference if you know what i mean. He was in some kind of accident in HS where he had a head injury so i wonder if this plays some on it. There are papers stating that he is to get them every other weekend and pay child support every week, but they were never married, no blood test done to prove they were his, only his word in court. the judge would not allow him to speak, HER family has unlimited financial mean, unlike these 2, they are just setting up house from scratch. We have provided what we could for them, but we struggle too. I have to trust that God has a plan for this baby and them both. He talks to be ab out everything too, so it's not like they only come to me when they need something, we are all a very close family. His ex is know around town to be a pretty visous *itch! which doesnt help any of this. I told them to ex pect trouble from her when she found out my daughter was expecting but didnt expect this much.

if he petitions the court, how does he go about doing this? on his own, or through a lawyer?

Comment

thank you! my daughter and I are very close, we talk about everything, i have to just be ok with them living together for now versus them getting married considering all the "baggage". i offered her all options and told her i would be 100% behind whateve she chose. This guy is not the typical "older"man at all. he is a good guy, yeah i hate the 10 yr span, but mentally, there is really not that much difference if you know what i mean. He was in some kind of accident in HS where he had a head injury so i wonder if this plays some on it. There are papers stating that he is to get them every other weekend and pay child support every week, but they were never married, no blood test done to prove they were his, only his word in court. the judge would not allow him to speak, HER family has unlimited financial mean, unlike these 2, they are just setting up house from scratch. We have provided what we could for them, but we struggle too. I have to trust that God has a plan for this baby and them both. He talks to be ab out everything too, so it's not like they only come to me when they need something, we are all a very close family. His ex is know around town to be a pretty visous *itch! which doesnt help any of this. I told them to ex pect trouble from her when she found out my daughter was expecting but didnt expect this much.

if he petitions the court, how does he go about doing this? on his own, or through a lawyer?
                  I would say that he could do it on his own...but given what you said about the head injury I would have to recommend a lawyer...Try the State Barr to see if there is a low fee/sliding scale option...

Bay

Comment

I would say that he could do it on his own...but given what you said about the head injury I would have to recommend a lawyer...Try the State Barr to see if there is a low fee/sliding scale option...
                    when i say head injury, its not anything that is really noticable until you know that he is 28, he really seems more like 21 or 22. he has no visible signs, holds a decent job making cabinets that we went to school 2 years to do....

is there a particular website that i would go to for the State Barr? thank you for any help!

Comment

Google : "your state + Barr Association"

Good luck....

Bay

Comment

Google : "your state + Barr Association"

Good luck....
                        or "Bar" even.
                        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

There are papers stating that he is to get them every other weekend and pay child support every week
                          Are these papers a court order, signed off by a judge?
                          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                          (unique up on him)
                          (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                            Are these papers a court order, signed off by a judge?
                            it's my understanding that they are, but he was told today by another attrny in GA that child support should have have been ordered based on a "TPO", not sure what that means...... but he has the papers, because he went to the courthouse to get another copy

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
                              or "Bar" even.
                              or even bar....

Bay

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X