questions regarding child abandonment Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions regarding child abandonment Georgia

I have 7 year old twin daughters by a man who i wasn't married to. There is a child support order in place. Recently he got behind in support...i applied for a child abandonment warrant...we went to court where he brought no money for support...he was arrested at that time and was bailed out by the next morning (Gwinnett county). I have tried to contact someone about what happens next and cannot get a human being or return phone call to answer any of my questions regarding this situation. Does anyone know what happens next? How and when will I get any child support from him and how long can he wait before providing support for the kids? Any advice from anyone who has experienced this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by DoubleTroublesMom View Post
    I have 7 year old twin daughters by a man who i wasn't married to. There is a child support order in place. Recently he got behind in support...i applied for a child abandonment warrant...we went to court where he brought no money for support...he was arrested at that time and was bailed out by the next morning (Gwinnett county). I have tried to contact someone about what happens next and cannot get a human being or return phone call to answer any of my questions regarding this situation. Does anyone know what happens next? How and when will I get any child support from him and how long can he wait before providing support for the kids? Any advice from anyone who has experienced this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    He will have to begin paying CS again. If he still has his job you or CSE can serve his employer with a wage garnishment. If he doesn't begin paying, wait about 30 to 60 days and then file contempt again.

Unfortunately if he is really stubborn and refusing to pay this will usually end up being the routine: He doesn't pay, you file, he gets arrested, purges out, repeat process as many times as it takes for him to pay support.

Comment

I went through this with my son, and he had to pay at least half of the money to his ex-wife (which he should have) before they let him out of jail. If you have a EPPIC card I would check to see if any money had been put on it. I didn't think they would let him out unless he paid some on it, but I guess each county must be different.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X