need assitance while on maternity leave Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need assitance while on maternity leave Georgia

I need help and a good advice. I am currently 22 years and I live in the state of Georgia. On March 18 of 2006 I quit my job at Verizon Wireless and was hired at Wachovia on June the 26th. The problem is that I have not fulfilled my 90 introductory period at my new job and I do not quality for any benefits. As far as getting pay while on maternity leave. I'm due on 09/18/2006 and I complete my 90 day period on September 26, 2006. I have been told that there is no help and that I'm basicly abandoned. I have worked for differenct companies the last 5 years and I have paid all my taxes. However, now that I need some assistance for 6 weeks I'm all alone. Is there any deparmtent that I can go to recieve some aid while on leave.

Contact your local DFCS (Division of Children and Family Services). You may be able to qualify for TANF (Temporary assistance for needy families) and other programs to help you through your period of unemployment.

Another option is to look into jobs that offer on-site daycare facilities so you can get back to work ASAP and bring your baby with you

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X