Please help me... 17year-old GA girl wants to live w/ dad Georgia Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me... 17year-old GA girl wants to live w/ dad Georgia Georgia

I will be 17 in less than a month. I have been through a lot in my life.. I have been in foster care homes and lived with grandparents, step parents, step grandparents and even alone while raising my little sister. I am now in a good place living with my half uncle and his wife. the problem is my dad, who i really never expected to get himself together, finally is holding down a job for over a year and has had a place for almost 2 years. I believe he should be the one to take care of me, not my aunt and uncle (i was placed in their custody 3 years ago), and my dad WANTS to be the one to be the one to take care of me. My dad can take care of me now and i miss him and i want to be with him and back with my family. only, they do not want me to leave. i have been told by an officer that i can just leave after i turn 17 and there is nothing they can do. but i want to continue school and i dont want to be arrested or even worse for my dad to get arrested. i no longer have a case worker and i would like some help before i make a mistake and wind up in jail.
    PLEASe HELP.....

is your dad willing to file for legal and physical custody? have your parents' rights been terminated?
    http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
      is your dad willing to file for legal and physical custody? have your parents' rights been terminated?
      my dad says he will do whatever it takes... and i dont know about the second.. i know he is allowed to see me and call me, my aunt HAS to let him see me at least once every 2 weeks...
      and t/y for your reply..

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X