Help with interstate support!!! Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with interstate support!!! Georgia

Can someone inform me on child support laws if the custodial parent is in IL, and the non-custodial parent lives in Georgia. Which state laws will take effect? How much is the percentage for 4 children? If we divide the children, will I still be liable for support for the other 2? Please advise!!

child support laws

Hi,

I am in Kansas and my ex is in Utah. From lawyers here when I ask a question, they tell me that I have to contact Utah as that is the state the divorce was done in and that is where I have to contact for help.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by vettey
      Can someone inform me on child support laws if the custodial parent is in IL, and the non-custodial parent lives in Georgia. Which state laws will take effect? How much is the percentage for 4 children? If we divide the children, will I still be liable for support for the other 2? Please advise!!
      First, is there any existing orders? If so, what state issued them?

If not, in which state is the petition for support filed in, if already filed?

If nothing has been filed yet, which parent is planning to file?

Comment

No orders in place. I had custody in 96 and decided to give her a try to raise the children in 2003. The custody paperwork still states that I have legal custody of 3. The support is being filed in IL, and the mother is filing.

Comment

I live in Ga. and the dad lives in Alaska. After I filed for public assistance Ga contacted Alaska CES and then Alaska wrote the order of support and figured the amounts and they are the ones that I have to contact if support is late. Even now after being off of public assistance I still have to go through Alaska CSE. Ga is just a middle man. They had no say in setting support amounts or enforcing orders.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X