17 and ready to go!!!! Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 and ready to go!!!! Georgia

I am 17 years old and live in the state of GA... I have been wanting to move out of my house for a while and many times my mom has told me to get out... if i was really that unhappy living at home just to leave... The oppurtunity has just presented itself and I am ready... Am i legally allowed to do this or do I run the risk of having this put on some kind of record that could affect my future... I need answers asap... Thanks...

Yes, you can leave with your parents' permission. And, if your mother is telling you to GET OUT, then this would be permission.

Of course, she cannot legally kick you out. But, being 17, it might not be best to involve CPS or whatever Georgia's equivalent is.

Comment

Originally posted by confused232
      Yes, you can leave with your parents' permission. And, if your mother is telling you to GET OUT, then this would be permission.

Of course, she cannot legally kick you out. But, being 17, it might not be best to involve CPS or whatever Georgia's equivalent is.

do you ever read what you write to these people?
      http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by confused232

If this were actually correct, what to you suggest the OP do when mom changes her mind tomorrow and reports him as a runaway?

Comment

Originally posted by ceara View Post
          If this were actually correct, what to you suggest the OP do when mom changes her mind tomorrow and reports him as a runaway?
          can the mom do that? i have always been scared to get out when she tells me to. b/c my mom is so crazy!! so i mean when i stay she flips out even more and then we start to fight. so i mean the next time she tells me to get out should i leave or not?

Comment

What do you think she's going to tell the cops after you move out? She'll say that you just left, and she didn't know why?

Don't trust someone who's a drama queen like that. Besides, she can't force you to leave. That would make you a deprived child, and she'd be committing a criminal act.
            Militant Agnostic- I don't know and you don't know either.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Mack View Post
              What do you think she's going to tell the cops after you move out? She'll say that you just left, and she didn't know why?

Don't trust someone who's a drama queen like that. Besides, she can't force you to leave. That would make you a deprived child, and she'd be committing a criminal act.
              should i try to get her to tell me to get out of her house and then run? or will i get charged with a running away?

Comment

What do you think your mother would do after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Mack View Post
                  What do you think your mother would do after that?
                  she would stay the same keep loving my spoiled little sister. and my brother.

Comment

Do you think she'd call the polie and report you as a runaway?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X