Dating a minor question. Help please ! Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating a minor question. Help please ! Florida

Okay, So I am 16 years old and dating a 20 year old. We have been dating since i was 14 and he was 18. I now live with him and his parents. Both of my parents are okay with me living with him, and his parents are okay with it as well. But one of my grandmothers wants to try to get him in trouble with the law. Can she do that since both of mine and his parents are okay with us living together ?

Originally posted by TinyLovesJersey View Post
    Okay, So I am 16 years old and dating a 20 year old. We have been dating since i was 14 and he was 18. I now live with him and his parents. Both of my parents are okay with me living with him, and his parents are okay with it as well. But one of my grandmothers wants to try to get him in trouble with the law. Can she do that since both of mine and his parents are okay with us living together ?
    Let the 20 year old know he won't be lonely in prison and there will be lots of guys there to love him long time!

And no, I'm not exaggerating! Prison is where he will be going, then once released he will have the pleasure of registering as a sex offender EVERYWHERE he goes to live and there is always the pleasurable visits from law enforcement on a monthly basis to make sure he's keeping his dong in his pants and not in some other child!
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

The current rule is shown below. Technically anything that happened when you were 14 or 15 was a crime (statutory rape). The statute of limintations on that would be 3 years.

It is not legally possible (in FL) for a 14/15 year old to give consent, or for anyone to give consent on their behalf. Any sexual intercourse for anyone under 16 years old in FL is statutory rape, period. This is pretty common in most/all states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of...merica#Florida
      FloridaThe age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits a person 23 years of age or younger to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.
      http://www.ehow.com/list_6018119_sta...s-florida.html
      Statute of limitations
      In Florida, prosecution for a felony of the second degree, including statutory rape must be commenced within three years of the commission of the crime.
      Last edited by DAW; 03-16-2011, 09:18 PM.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Not really what i asked, & I never said anything about having sexual intercourse with him. Im asking, Now that I am 16 years old and both my parents & his parents give consent to me living with him/his parents, Is there anything that my grandma can do to get him in trouble with the law ? Thanks anyways tho.

Comment

Yes, he can get into trouble with the law.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

ANYONE who finds the relationship inappropriate; your grandmother, a teacher, pastor, people on the street, passengers in low-flying aircraft - ANYONE can report it to the authorities. What the authorities will do is up to them, but if they find it inappropriate for a 16 year old to be living with her 20 year old boyfriend, not only your boyfriend but possibly your parents as well can find themselves in legal trouble.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
              ANYONE who finds the relationship inappropriate; your grandmother, a teacher, pastor, people on the street, passengers in low-flying aircraft - ANYONE can report it to the authorities. What the authorities will do is up to them, but if they find it inappropriate for a 16 year old to be living with her 20 year old boyfriend, not only your boyfriend but possibly your parents as well can find themselves in legal trouble.
              ...as well as his parents. His parents could face charges equal in severity to his.

Or you can move. All of you. To Niger. Article 284 of the Niger legal code sets the age of consent at 13 years in Niger. Ref.: http://juriniger.lexum.umontreal.ca/...licationId=814

Just my opinion, of course....
              I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
              Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
              I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
              Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X