15 n need out Delaware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 n need out Delaware

i am a 15 year old girl going out with my 18 year old boyfriend my family and i have moved to del. when i was 13 and moved in with my 2 aunts and uncle 2 sisters and mom and dad my mom has been up my *** about things that she should not be to concerned about like the people i talk to she knows i dont do drugs and things like that. my grades droped in school becasue i lost my grandmother and i am losing my two of my aunts my grandmomther passed in my house and one of my aunt will pass in my house my mom seems to be blaming me for not staying home because my grades droped my mom grounded me for 3 months i have been hit by my mom when i was a kid and she used to hit my sisters but now when i look in her eyes i am scared i want to get Emancipation but dont no if i can
    *D M R*

You are 15 year old child. Your mother has every right to monitor every breath you take, much less the people you talk to.

No, you can't get emancipated. Are you supporting yourself? Do you live on your own?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

no my mother does not have the right to tell me who to talk to that is up to me like i said im not doing drugs and as for supporting myself i have a job i just have to wait till august to start it
      *D M R*

Comment

You poor, misinformed child. It is NOT up to you to do anything. It is ALL up to your parents. If they want to, they can make you ask permission to go potty.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that you have no rights other than to be provided adequate shelter, food, and clothing by your parents.

As you can't even work yet, there's not even a chance that a court would even entertain your suit.

www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/delaware.html
        After examining the history of emancipation within Delaware's courts, the Delaware Family Court is unable to find authority granting it jurisdiction over a cause of action that is not enumerated within the Delaware Code. The relevant statutes do not provide any additional grant of jurisdiction that would permit a direct petition for emancipation to be addressed by the Delaware Family Court. Without any statutory reference to emancipation, the Delaware Family Court also cannot conclude that a direct petition for emancipation by a minor can be considered as an available remedy within the dependency/neglect context.
        and

CONCLUSION

Emancipation is not an enumerated cause of action within the Delaware Code. The Family Court of the State of Delaware, which must broadly exercise the authority granted to it by Delaware statutes, does not have jurisdiction to address a direct petition by a minor for a partial emancipation. Therefore, the Petition for Emancipation is dismissed for lack of jurisdiction over the subject matter.

As you can see, even if your circumstances DID support a petition for emancipation, it's not going to happen in Deleware. There is no statute for emancipation.
        Last edited by mommyof4; 06-14-2007, 02:23 PM.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        (unique up on him)
        (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by 15 n i need out View Post
          no my mother does not have the right to tell me who to talk to that is up to me like i said im not doing drugs and as for supporting myself i have a job i just have to wait till august to start it
          You don't even know how to use a "period" when writing. How the heck do you think you would qualify for emancipation?

BTW: Your mother has the LEGAL RIGHT to dictate everyone you speak to and associate with! If you were really mature enough for a Judge to consider you for emancipation, you would realize this!!
          Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

So, you mean that no matter, what i do i have to live with my parents till i turn 18, or get put into foster care
            *D M R*

Comment

Yes Ma'am, that is exactly what I mean.
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              (unique up on him)
              (same way)

Comment

your parents can take every single thing away from you and not allow you out of the house (think home school). You can end up with a mattress, 1 pair of clothes and food (nutritional only). They have complete power over you and if your bf is 18 and they don't approve- they can have him put in jail!

Comment

So let me get this correct............You are not on drugs (extremely admirable)

You are supporting yourself..................but NOT until August. (so really, your NOT supporting yourself at all.....there is nor guarantee of a job, please visit the labor forum for more info on this)

no my mother does not have the right to tell me who to talk to that is up to me
                  I would defy you to find one(singular) other person on this board, whom is over the age of 25, has kids, cares about them, visits them/cares for on a daily basis, to share your sentiments regarding "my mother does not have the right to tell me who to talk to"...

As I sit quietly by......................
                  This will pass. Life's got bigger disapointments waiting for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mikswi View Post

As I sit quietly by......................

.....crickets chirping....
                    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

So, you mean that no matter, what i do i have to live with my parents till i turn 18, or get put into foster care
                      OK, I will say it because it has to be said. I am so sorry about your grandmother, and your aunts conditions. I wish there was any other way to be happy, but the bottom line is, no teenager is happy with thier mom between 15-sometimes 18. Since your mom is your LEGAL parent, the word legal being the key word, they have all the law on thier side. The law says you must do as they say until you are 18, and that is it. Your mom can or your dad, if he is anywhere in the picture, get a restraining order against any person whom they feel is going to corrupt you, or make you go against the law/or family rules (like sex). The fact that your boyfriend is 18, I am surprised your mom has not just said you can not talk to him (or is this what has started all of this)?? Hang in thier kiddo, you only have 3 years to go, then and only then, can you see who you want to see, or talk to who you want to talk to. Good luck, and remember, until you are 18, listen to your mom. She loves you despite the indifference.

Comment

i dont think she loves me becasue

i dont think that someone who loves would call me fat when i am only 110 pounds at a hight of 5"1 i dont think someone who loves me would not go on a family vacation with all my sisters and my brother and tell me i can not go i dont think someone who cares about me would take me into the room my grandmother died and say that if you dont change you attitude this could be me i dont think someone who loves me would want to sit by the mail box waiting for my report card becasue she wants me to be grounded i dont think someone who loves me would tell me the week before and after my 16th birthday i have to stay in my room only coming out for breakfast and dinner and to use the bathroom
                        *D M R*

Comment

All that stuff sucks and I know you won't believe me, but it could be a lot worse, trust me. I hope it all works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby_Gurl View Post
                            All that stuff sucks and I know you won't believe me, but it could be a lot worse, trust me. I hope it all works out for you.
                            Me to hon. Believe it or not, I had a rough upbringing also, with a stepdad that could outbeat your mom. I toughed it out until I was 18, and I have ended up great! I will pray for you. You never did speak of the 18 year old you were dating, has your mom put her foot down on this, is this what has triggered you wanting out now?? I would also speak to your school counselor on a regular basis about everything you are going through, then you will get adult support, so if your mom goes to far, the counselor can be there for you. Please do this!
                            Last edited by turbowray; 06-16-2007, 11:34 AM.

Comment

no the thing that started this all is when my mom grounded me for at least six weeks for my summer vacation because i got got 3 C's on my fourth marken period grade and 3 C's in the Third but since the school didnt send out my report card the 3rd markin period and i got 3 C's then she add that on now so that gives me to the end of july of not being aloud out and i already made my plans for the summer i was supposed to go to the beach with my friend and her family but now my mom said she does not no if i can go after i told her the dates in like the begining of may
                              my boyfriend he is so kind and helpful we have been dating since may 7, 2006 he has talked me out of alot of crazy stuff like trying to kill my self and not eating when my grandmother passed away he was at my house in like 5 minites after i told him at 7.30 in the morning when they carred her down the steps i started to cry so bad he just picked me up and moved me to wear i could not see to help me calm down and he helped me get help he is just always there and i love him so much and he loves me if it wasnt for him i mostlikely would not be here today
                              *D M R*

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X