I'm 14 he's 17. Help please? Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 14 he's 17. Help please? Washington

Well im turning 15 June 10th and he will be 18 April 11th so in a little over a week, We have known eachother for years and we have been together for about 3 months now. We haven't done anything sexual but we were begnning to talk about it. I know once he turns 18 we can still be in a relationship together but since there is only a 37 month and 20 day difference is it illegal fo us to preform any sexual acts. And would that count as cuddling or kissing?

This site has information on age of consent laws in Washington.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...t-lawyers.html

Just because something may be legal, however, doesn't mean it's a good thing. In my opinion, 15 is too young to be involved in a sexual relationship.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Keep in mind that shortly he will be 18 but you will still be a minor.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Another poster on these boards used to say, if you wouldn't do it in the front pew of the church on Christmas morning with your parents sitting in the row behind, don't do it.

14 is MUCH too young for anything remotely sexual.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I am the mom on a son who is just month older than you and I will say that you are way too young also. I have two 19 year old daughters and would still give them the same advice. Where you are in life, a boyfriend that much older is not a good thing. He will be a legal adult and you have a very long way until you get there. And he will generally want more than you should give and most aren't willing to wait around.

I strongly suggest having a heart to heart with your parents. And hanging with other friends/adults in a group if you want to spend time together until you are older, wiser and better able to handle questions like this.

Comment

It is unlawful for you at 14 or 15 (maybe higher) to engage in any sexual activity. This includes groping, fondling, sexting, sexual chat, nude or partial nude sharing of pictures, sexual emails etc etc. In short if you would not do it with your sibling its probably illegal. Even at 17 your BF could be charged with sex crimes if you have done any of the one or more of the thing son list I just gave and there are more. If convicted he will be a lifetime sex offender and any career plans or College will be out the door. If you two care about one another your best to ends things for now and wait till you reach age of consent at very least
            http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X