Do not want to lose my child Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
    At special request, the judge can go into a closed session with the child. Upon a marriage, child custody papers can be modified. You should have started a long time ago.
    OP isn't yet married...

And even if she was, that - in and of itself - is not going to convince a judge to allow the child to be relocated.

Comment

I did not see him rejecting to this , I will travel for feb my lease will be up and our new place will be ready. I am thinking to call out of work tommorow and go to the courts and ask them to relocate my child if I am told no when my lease is up feb 1st, will I then lose her because we will have no place to stay.

Comment

clearly I have srewed up by not knowing the law on this matter. Is there something I can file or say anything to ask or be granted approvale. The educational system will help my child there she is in the 5th grade and has been on a 2nd grade reading level for the past 3 years it is not getting better.. he does not care about that I most definatly do which must account for something.
        Last edited by specialasia; 01-18-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by specialasia View Post
          clearly I have srewed up by not knowing the law on this matter. Is there something I can file or say anything to ask or be granted approvale. The educational system will help my child there she is in the 5th grade and has been on a 2nd grade reading level for the past 3 years it is not getting better.. he does not care about that I most definatly do which must account for something.

You're not going to like this but...

If she has been primarily in your custody, and she is as behind as you say she is, a judge WILL wonder what YOU have done about the situation.

Comment

I did not see him rejecting to this , I will travel for feb my lease will be up and our new place will be ready. I am thinking to call out of work tommorow and go to the courts and ask them to relocate my child if I am told no when my lease is up feb 1st, will I then lose her because we will have no place to stay.

Mom, you can't just walk into court and ask them to rule on a relocation issue. And if you take the child out of state without permission, you DO stand a chance of actually losing custody.

You also must face the possibility of leaving your daughter with Dad, and getting used to visit her.

How long have you known about the move?

Comment

I have had mettings with the schools tto place a team to help her I have been to the superatndents office with meetings I have arranged, because of a format "that will help her" which has not I have exshalted everything in my power and still nothign .. I have worked in the school system for the past five years in speacil education with this I know all children rights in the state of CT. I have been giving promise and they have not followed through. My child deserves more and must receive it by any means. I am not a head teacher but Im a certifeid Praprofessional taking classes to be a head teacher. I know a child should not be denied the oppurtonity to advace, learn, or suceed.
              Last edited by specialasia; 01-18-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I have known since dec when I told him, he told my I should have giving him a years notice.

Comment

I have had mettings with the schools tto place a team to help her I have been to the superatndents office with meetings I have arranged, because of a format "that will help her" which has not I have exshalted everything in my power and still nothign .. I have worked in the school system for the past five years in speacil education with this I know all children rights in the state of CT. I have been giving promise and they have not followed through. My child deserves more and must receive it by any means. I am not a head teacher but Im a certifeid Praprofessional taking classes to be a head teacher. I know a child should not be denied the oppurtonity to advace, learn, or suceed.
                  I can only assume that English is your second language. Correct?

Regardless, when you are served, you need to respond to Dad's objection.

Can you honestly say that the ONLY remedy for your child is a school 800 miles away from her father?

Comment

If you are a teacher, how come your spelling is so poor?

Sometimes a child is not able to learn. I work with adults that have never progressed passed getting dressed. All you can do is love them, and not give them pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
                      If you are a teacher, how come your spelling is so poor?

Sometimes a child is not able to learn. I work with adults that have never progressed passed getting dressed. All you can do is love them, and not give them pressure.

VERY valid points!

Comment

NO I am highly confused and upset excuse my mispelling. English is my first language, pissed off makes it something diifferent.. if all you have to offer is accusations please no longer respond... Thank you kindly

Comment

NO I am highly confused and upset excuse my mispelling. English is my first language, pissed off makes it something diifferent.. if all you have to offer is accusations please no longer respond... Thank you kindly

Please don't get pissy with the people who are trying to help you.

By all means, feel free to seek the services of an attorney.

Comment

I have been studying communications at the University level for many years. have you ever been tested for dyslexia? It sometimes kicks in when under stress. I have it, and can recognize the signs.

Nobody is accusing or attacking you. You have been quite reasonable in your posts. We just would like to give you the best advice we can under the circumstances. The best advice is to calmly outline your reasoning as to why you would like to move, and take it to a lawyer.

Comment

that is a valid point; however, if education is an issue please do not respond I need help in the situation, not be be down graded... Thank you

Comment

Nobody is downgrading you.

Albert Einstein had dyslexia.

Good luck. I have said all I can here.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                                Working...
                                X