Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut

I just had a few things I needed to find out about dating a minor. I am 19 and the girl is 15 right now. I know a few pieces of the laws, but I need to know everything before I say or do anything to or with her. I would normally just never mention it at all, but I love this girl so much. I just want to be able to be with her.

Spell it, then say it, JAIL BAIT! Forget the notion that you are attracted to this child!!!! She is a child and you are an adult. You are asking for HUGE trouble. Having feelings for a child when you are an adult really, REALLY, begs for professional help. You would be well served to get that professional help before you find yourself behind bars.
    Information posted by me is my "OPINION". I do NOT give legal advice to anyone as like most here I am NOT an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkarian View Post
      I just had a few things I needed to find out about dating a minor. I am 19 and the girl is 15 right now. I know a few pieces of the laws, but I need to know everything before I say or do anything to or with her. I would normally just never mention it at all, but I love this girl so much. I just want to be able to be with her.
      Even in states with little laws on this, you are definately setting yourself up to go to jail.

A 15 year old is a minor child, so much so that there isn't one single state that will allow a 15 year old to be emancipated.

If you truly love this girl, stay away from her until she is 18.

Comment

Then you have a problem.

How do her parents feel about a grown man wanting to "do anything to or with her"?

The law is even more specific. How do you feel about a life as a sexual offender?

This means that after you get done with your prison sentence (where several large men will want to "do anything" with you), you will be unable to get any job that doesn't involve a paper hat.

She is too hot to touch. 15 will literally get you 20.

Don't be stupid.... and stay away from children.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Her parents know how old I am, they know how I feel about her, and they know that I would never make her do anything against her will or for that matter anything period. I know that I shouldn't have feelings for or toward her, but I can't help it. I don't see the same person you see in your mind. When I look at her I see somebody that is far older in mind than body, and that is one of the many tihngs that I love. I have found a way for her parents to help us even more and make it legal for us to be together. I no longer need the advice, but feel free to continue giving it.

Comment

Keep in mind sex is not just intercourse it can and does include the following

. Some forms of kissing
            . Fondling
            . Groping
            . Dry humping
            . Sexual chat
            . sexual emails
            . Sexual texts
            . Sexual phone calls

The list is endless. As ayoung man with a future ahead of him this is just not worth it. If its love (doubtful) it will still be there when shes older.
            http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Connecticut

§ 53a-70 (a)(2)

§ 53a-71 (a)(1)
              First-degree sexual assault to have sexual intercourse with a person under age 13 if the actor is more than two years older

Second-degree sexual assault to have sexual intercourse with a person between ages 13 and 16 if the actor is more than two years older
              10 to 25 years in prison with a mandatory minimum of five years if the victim is between age 10 and 16 and 10 years if the victim is under age 10. The combined sentence and special parole must equal at least 10 years

Up to 20 years in prison (nine months mandatory minimum)

Comment

Of course lets not forget lifetime registration as sex offender. Try getting a job with that on your record. Mom and Dad might be ok right now but they can pull plug at anytime. Also if they know about any illegal acts (listed in earlier post) they too can go to jail. Parents cannot make the illegal legal!

Comment

I have found a way for her parents to help us even more and make it legal for us to be together.
                  It does NOT matter that her idiotic parents are willing to help. The absolute truth is this- no parental agreement can make legal what is actually illegal- period.

Hope you enjoy your stay in jail and your life as a sex offender/pedophile.

Comment

Actually....

Originally posted by xena View Post
                    It does NOT matter that her idiotic parents are willing to help. The absolute truth is this- no parental agreement can make legal what is actually illegal- period.

Hope you enjoy your stay in jail and your life as a sex offender/pedophile.
                    If the bride is either 16 or 17 years of age, she will need to have a Minor's Permit to Marry Form (VS 10) signed and notarized by her parent or guardian at the City Clerk's office. Females under the age of 16, and males under the age of 18 cannot get married without prior approval from the Family Court.

We can get married in Rhode Island, and her parents know we want to do this. I know you all think I'm insane and need help, but to me if you care about somebody, you do whatever you can to be with them.

And according to the law stating that I can not have any relations with her married couples do not apply. Yes, this only works in RI, however I am going to school there soon and buying an apartment with a friend.

Comment

If the bride is either 16 or 17 years of age, she will need to have a Minor's Permit to Marry Form (VS 10) signed and notarized by her parent or guardian at the City Clerk's office. Females under the age of 16, and males under the age of 18 cannot get married without prior approval from the Family Court.

We can get married in Rhode Island, and her parents know we want to do this. I know you all think I'm insane and need help, but to me if you care about somebody, you do whatever you can to be with them.

And according to the law stating that I can not have any relations with her married couples do not apply. Yes, this only works in RI, however I am going to school there soon and buying an apartment with a friend.
                      You most certainly DO still need advice.

You cannot move a minor across state lines in order to marry them. The laws of the minor's home state apply, because she is a MINOR. You cannot disregard the laws of her state and just choose a state with different ones. If you take her to RI to marry, you are committing a federal offense. If her parents take her, they are committing a federal offense. Then all you adults will end up in big people prison and the little girl will end up in foster care.

Google "Mann Act."

You cannot marry this girl in RI, and if you keep it up, you are going to end upa registered sex offender. If you truly cannot wait the three years until she is an adult, then you are truly not ready to be one yourself.

Comment

Here is the thing.

The law doesn't care how mature she is.

The law doesn't care how you feel about her or her about you.

The law doesn't even care if her parents WANT you to schtup their daughter.

Any sort of physical relationship with this child will put you in prison. If her parents are aware of it at the time of commission, they may join you without lessening your sentence one minute.

I don't know why this is hard. You cannot have a physical relationship with a child... ever.
                        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X