can my parents do anything when i turn 16? Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can my parents do anything when i turn 16? Connecticut

i am 14, and my boyfriend is 18. we have been together for a year.i love him, and nothing is going to stop us from being together. My gardian does not approve of us being together. She has threatened to call the cops so we keep our relashionship on the down low. i plan on telling my mother that i sm with him, and that i love him when im 16. can she still get him in trouble then?
    life is like a slide,
    your all the way at the bottom,
    before you try to go back up.

No judge in any jurisdiction is going to tell your parent and/or guardian to let you date whom you want.

Your parent and/or guardian always always always win.

On a personal note... if my 14 year old daughter was going out with an 18 year old, I would forbid it as well.

There is only one reason for an 18 year old to go out with a child... and it isn't in your best interest.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Until YOU are 18, your parents have complete control over who you can and cannot see. So yes, your parents can still stop you from seeing him even after you turn 16.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If your guardian so chooses a protective order can be sought. If so and your adult BF makes any contact with you he can go to jail. You have not mentioned sexual contact with of course will land him in jail for a very long time and he could face a lifetime registering as a sex offender. However sexual contact is much more than intercourse. Groping, fondling, even kissing can be issues. No tonly that if your texting, calling, chatting, emailing sexual messages and/or pictures Federal charges might apply. It would be best for you to forget about the adult BF.
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
          If your guardian so chooses a protective order can be sought. If so and your adult BF makes any contact with you he can go to jail. You have not mentioned sexual contact with of course will land him in jail for a very long time and he could face a lifetime registering as a sex offender. However sexual contact is much more than intercourse. Groping, fondling, even kissing can be issues. No tonly that if your texting, calling, chatting, emailing sexual messages and/or pictures Federal charges might apply. It would be best for you to forget about the adult BF.
          What happens if my guardian agrees that i can see him when im 16 years old he will be 20. If she agrees that we can be together. Can he then still get into trouble?
          life is like a slide,

Comment

That would depend on state laws regarding such relationships. However a syou state you parents forbid it so its over for now. I would not bet any money on this 18 year old waiting the two years for you to turn 16 if your guardians ok it then.

Comment

Originally posted by inlove4eaa View Post
              What happens if my guardian agrees that i can see him when im 16 years old he will be 20. If she agrees that we can be together. Can he then still get into trouble?
              While I agree that by then your pedophiliac boyfriend will have moved on to younger pastures, the quick answer to your questions is "yes."

Parents cannot make the illegal legal... they can only make the legal illegal for their own children.

When you turn 16, your boyfriend still goes to prison if you two fool around... no matter who knows, who finds out or who sees it.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

m not quite sure im understanding why he can get in trouble when im 16. The legal age ion conecticut to have sex is 16 but it has to be with someone under30 or it cant be a techer, pastor etc. If there isnt a restraining order on him can be together legally right?
                life is like a slide,

Comment

There are many aspects of the law you are not aware of. However lets toss that aside if parents say no its not and if they seek a protective order and he violates it he goes to jail. Let me tell you another issue this BF is not a caring person he wants sex adn thats it! Unless hes a moron (he might be) he is not going to let himself be seen in a romantic relationship with such a young girl. If he does it will hurt nearly all aspects of his life. He will not wait the two years till your 16 (if even legal then) he will either seek another minor to exploit or he will see you against parents wishes. Then if hes the pedophile we think he is once you reach a certain age his interest in you will be gone. Your best move (not worst best) is to forget him and focus on being a 14 year old

Comment

Connecticut

§ 53a-70 (a)(2)

§ 53a-71 (a)(1)
                    First-degree sexual assault to have sexual intercourse with a person under age 13 if the actor is more than two years older

Second-degree sexual assault to have sexual intercourse with a person between ages 13 and 16 if the actor is more than two years older 10 to 25 years in prison with a mandatory minimum of five years if the victim is between age 10 and 16 and 10 years if the victim is under age 10. The combined sentence and special parole must equal at least 10 years

Up to 20 years in prison (nine months mandatory minimum)

Comment

Originally posted by inlove4eaa View Post
                      m not quite sure im understanding why he can get in trouble when im 16. The legal age ion conecticut to have sex is 16 but it has to be with someone under30 or it cant be a techer, pastor etc. If there isnt a restraining order on him can be together legally right?
                      No, you are still a minor.

You are still bound by your parents and/or guardian's wishes and still considered "corruptable" by the state.

Your beau could even be arrested for child molestation.

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
                        Connecticut

§ 53a-70 (a)(2)

§ 53a-71 (a)(1)
                        First-degree sexual assault to have sexual intercourse with a person under age 13 if the actor is more than two years older

Second-degree sexual assault to have sexual intercourse with a person between ages 13 and 16 if the actor is more than two years older 10 to 25 years in prison with a mandatory minimum of five years if the victim is between age 10 and 16 and 10 years if the victim is under age 10. The combined sentence and special parole must equal at least 10 years

Up to 20 years in prison (nine months mandatory minimum)
                        See the part in bold even at 16 her pedophile BF is in trouble

Comment

You are confusing the age of consent with the age of majority.

The age of consent is the age at which the state has decided a teen is old enough to consent to sex. However, the age of majority is the age at which the state has decided that the teen no longer has to listen to her parents.

Even if the age of consent is 16, the age of majority is 18. Therefore, EVEN IF the state has decided that you are old enough to consent to sex, it STILL gives the parents the right to decide that they will not allow it. So yes, your parent or guardian can still stop you from seeing him after you turn 16. And if they get a protective order forbidding him to see you, and you violate that order, he will go to jail.

Arguing the point is not going to change the answer.
                          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                          Working...
                          X