Just a couple questions. Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a couple questions. Colorado

So I just turned 15 in October and I have a friend that just turned 18. I have known this guy for over 10 years, his grandpa is the pastor in the church I attend ( we were both born into the church), and his family does our sound and worship. I started talking to this guy as friends about 4 weeks ago and I would like to know if we were to begin dating would we have problems with the law. We live in Colorado and both of our parents know we have been in contact. When I say dating, what I mean is we would like to get to know eachother and have a friendship before we tried to have anything different. We spoke before he turned 18, but we have just now begun to really get to know one another. We have both agreed that we would like to wait until marriage to have sexual contact and that we would like to date in groups. I feel that we would not be doing anything wrong but I would like to know what you think.
    Thank you.
    -Amanda-

I think that this question has been answered a couple of hundred times already. That's what the search function is for.

One more time. No state anywhere in the US has ANY laws prohibiting anyone of any age from DATING. The law ONLY applies to who may have sexual contact. It is entirely up to your parents. If they give you permission, fine. If they don't, then that's the answer.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Okay.

I'm sorry the other posts are confusing because most kids are dating guys that are like 5 or 6 years older. I was just making sure because we would like to make sure everything we do is the right way.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X