change of venue in child custody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of venue in child custody

My ex has put in a motion of change of venue. After letting him have visitation on May 1st and he did not return our 4 month old to me on May 5th as agreed on, I filed parenting time papers through the courts in Rio Grande County, and had him served in Adams County where he resides. His motion is based on the following reason "that his daughter (our child) has resided with him in Adams County for the last two months."

Is this reason enough for the court to grant him a change of venue even though my daughter has been with him only since May 1st. and he filed this on June 12th that is only one month and 12 days, not 2 months. and for the first 4 plus months of her life she lived with me in Rio Grande county?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X