Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me stop my child support Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyjeff
    replied
    Did your wife ever have to file a tax return with your son as a dependant?

It is on there... you have to put the child's ssn on your taxes.

Leave a comment:

• eric harriel
    replied
    smarty pants

He is 18 and considered an adult so no agency will give me his s-s-n.

Leave a comment:

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by eric harriel
    My son is 18 and in the Army, his mother is still milking the child support even though he does'nt live in the house anymore. In colorado the child must be 19 unless you can show the child is moved out and taking care of themseleves. When I try to get the support stopped the court says I need to prove he is in the Army, but unless I have his s-s-n they wont give me any info nor will anyone else. I dont understand why the court could'nt find this info out instead of dumping it in my lap. The system is trying to force me to get an attorney when I feel I shouldn't have to. I live out of state, does anyone have an answer or can provide me with a paralegal firm that can file my paperwork properly? Thankyou
    Check the court file, quite often the child's SSN is listed on some documents. If it's not in there you'll have to subpoena your ex for the SSN or some other document showing that son is still living at home, or in the army.

What I can't figure out about this situation is this, why didn't the Judge just ask your ex to verify whether son is still home or not? Was ex not in court?

Leave a comment:

• rainasky
    replied
    Simple solution: Get his social security number like the court asked you to so they can establish whether or not he is, in fact, living on his own.

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    What you "feel" is not important.

The court is making you find out the information because it is your responsibility to provide it.

The law is a strange beast... if you want something (like the stopping of CS), it is assumed you will do the homework necessary to get it.

TANSTAAFL

Leave a comment:

• help me stop my child support Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa

My son is 18 and in the Army, his mother is still milking the child support even though he does'nt live in the house anymore. In colorado the child must be 19 unless you can show the child is moved out and taking care of themseleves. When I try to get the support stopped the court says I need to prove he is in the Army, but unless I have his s-s-n they wont give me any info nor will anyone else. I dont understand why the court could'nt find this info out instead of dumping it in my lap. The system is trying to force me to get an attorney when I feel I shouldn't have to. I live out of state, does anyone have an answer or can provide me with a paralegal firm that can file my paperwork properly? Thankyou
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X