Retroactive Child Support Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retroactive Child Support Colorado

This is my situation, I have an alleged mother saying that I was the father of her child back in 98', then she told me to never contact her and forget everything. She then came back in 2000' and said the same thing, and then said never mind. In 2004' she came back with an order for paternity, and I voluteered the DNA and the child is mine. I attained an atto rney, and then the mother dropped the case (TX). Now I live in CO, and she is now back for the fourth time. Is there a statue of limitions regarding this issue, on paternity and or retroactive support? I have all emails regarding the claims and her telling me to never mind.

Originally posted by luistm
    This is my situation, I have an alleged mother saying that I was the father of her child back in 98', then she told me to never contact her and forget everything. She then came back in 2000' and said the same thing, and then said never mind. In 2004' she came back with an order for paternity, and I voluteered the DNA and the child is mine. I attained an atto rney, and then the mother dropped the case (TX). Now I live in CO, and she is now back for the fourth time. Is there a statue of limitions regarding this issue, on paternity and or retroactive support? I have all emails regarding the claims and her telling me to never mind.
    There is no statute of limitations on paternity. If she waits until the child is 18, she won't be able to file for support, so I guess there kinda' is for cs. However, if she files for cs, and it is your child, the cs order will go back to the filing date of the cs order, NOT back to the birth of the child. If you are willing to provide for the child, you can file for paternity, cs and visitation yourself. That will stop her from waffling all over the place.

(Rememeber that cs and visitation are two seperate issues.)
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

luistm

my husband won custody of his daughter jan. 2006 and he had a paternity test done cause someone else was on the birth certificate............the other guy was excluded and when we went to court they only made him pay back child support from the point of when he had the paternity test done until court 4 months i think and it was only $600.00 and he only has to pay $25.00 a month..........and this was in texas

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X