advice on gaurdianship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on gaurdianship

Hey so im 13 years old and need some advice. so it all started a couple weeks ago when my adult sister helped me plan too run away from home (she lives in washington). I ran away on a friday, and stayed the weekend with a friend of my sister. The original plan was for my sisters friend too drop me off at a teen homeless shelter, but they would not accept me because of a new rule that says i have too be 14. We tryed a couple others, but one would not becuase my parents had already reported me as a runaway, and the other becuase you had too have parental permission. So then, the police contacted my sister and told her she had too give up my location. So she did, and we talked too a police officer and he reffered me too a halfway house type of program called cool-beds, which was only a two week stay. My parents allowed me too be transffered too my aunts afterwards, so im staying with her right now. But it gets complicated, becuase my sister had called a cps worker too report the emotianal abuse I have been going through with my parents. I had already talked with her at my school the same day I ran away, but a week later they closed the case and said there wasnt enough evidence too suport taking me out of home. My aunt and uncle are trying too pursue gaurdianship, but now its going too take parental consent. We would try going too court, but time is of essence right now becuase my sisters wedding is in august and im not allowed too go unless we can make this happen. So this is very complicated, and there is no straight forward answer.

I don't know what to tell you if your parents will not give their consent.

Someone else may come along with some additional information for you.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by proffesorgenki99 View Post
      Hey so im 13 years old and need some advice. so it all started a couple weeks ago when my adult sister helped me plan too run away from home (she lives in washington).

Oh good Lord - she could have been looking at felony KIDNAPPING charges. Apparently nothing was filed though - she, and YOU, got really lucky. This is no game. She encouraged you to cross state lines. She could have been facing serious time, and you could have ended up serving out your teen years in juvie.

I ran away on a friday, and stayed the weekend with a friend of my sister. The original plan was for my sisters friend too drop me off at a teen homeless shelter, but they would not accept me because of a new rule that says i have too be 14. We tryed a couple others, but one would not becuase my parents had already reported me as a runaway, and the other becuase you had too have parental permission. So then, the police contacted my sister and told her she had too give up my location. So she did, and we talked too a police officer and he reffered me too a halfway house type of program called cool-beds, which was only a two week stay. My parents allowed me too be transffered too my aunts afterwards, so im staying with her right now. But it gets complicated, becuase my sister had called a cps worker too report the emotianal abuse I have been going through with my parents. I had already talked with her at my school the same day I ran away, but a week later they closed the case and said there wasnt enough evidence too suport taking me out of home. My aunt and uncle are trying too pursue gaurdianship, but now its going too take parental consent. We would try going too court, but time is of essence right now becuase my sisters wedding is in august and im not allowed too go unless we can make this happen. So this is very complicated, and there is no straight forward answer.

I'm sorry, but you stay where your legal guardians tell you to stay.

And that includes in the house every single second of the day you're not in school (I realize school is out for summer).

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X