International Relationship between 19 and 16 year old California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Relationship between 19 and 16 year old California

I recently got into a relationship with someone; he is 16 and I am 19. I live in California, and he lives in England. I am wondering, are there any international laws concerning dating? We have talked about this and have no intentions of having a sexual aspect to our relationship for a long time, and wouldn't be able to anyways since he lives so far away.

Both his parents are fine with our relationship, but I want to make sure about dating laws.

I would really appreciate any help or advice, and, if possible, a link to a place that I can read up on laws concerning this.

Thank you so much, and God Bless! :3

Just out of curiosity, what kind of "dating" are you planning to do with over 5000 miles between you?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Be aware that age of consent in CA is 18. You also need to answers the previous post question. You say your relationship would be sexless does this include sexting, emailing nudes, sex chat, sexual calls etc etc?
      http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
        Just out of curiosity, what kind of "dating" are you planning to do with over 5000 miles between you?

The way we hang out or "date" is that we play games online together, work on digital art projects together, tell each other when things are bothering each other...
        ... in essence are just there for each other emotionally. All the things other couples would do with the exception of sex.

You say your relationship would be sexless does this include sexting, emailing nudes, sex chat, sexual calls etc etc?
        Basically, a relationship that has the same emotional content any other relationship would, void of sex. This includes no dirty talk, no sexting, no nude calls, nothing.
        Last edited by ApertureTestGirl16; 03-07-2013, 08:53 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar errors

Comment

International laws can make you an example if you break your guidelines. What ever laws you find, there are always ones you do not that were written 150 years ago that will have YOU jailed as an international sex predator. Keep it clean.

That being said, My youngest daughter (21) is taking with a guy in England (23) and has been for about a year. She has just received a scholarship for a semester in his home city. I made her promise to not destroy her life over this, as her future is worth more than a romance. Plan on meeting him in the future. A long time getting to know someone is always best. Build an education that can support you traveling, and perhaps your future will include this young man. Good luck.

Comment

The age of consent in the UK for heterosexual activity is 16.

(Just FYI)

Comment

I am curious if the US would claim jurisdiction just to be a pain?
              I would hate to be a test case. The government has ways of spending taxpayers money that we have not imagined yet!

Thanks on the clarification of the UK laws. (I did not even think about that angle!)

Comment

If everything OP says is true then this isn't a relationship its more of a friendship
                http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X