California - Sexual Relations w/Minor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California - Sexual Relations w/Minor

me & my boyfriend have been together for 2 years but had sexual intercourse when i was still a minor & ended up getting pregnant.. am i allowed to threaten to take him to jail for statutory rape just because i am mad? & if so, what would happen to my child? he won't get any rights to see him, right???

Originally posted by janicedawkins View Post
    me & my boyfriend have been together for 2 years but had sexual intercourse when i was still a minor & ended up getting pregnant.. am i allowed to threaten to take him to jail for statutory rape just because i am mad? & if so, what would happen to my child? he won't get any rights to see him, right???

how old are you both?

Little girl needs to realize that Daddy may actually be able to get custody of his child (provided he's not in jail, of course).

Comment

Why do you ask ?

[
      janicedawkins:me & my boyfriend have been together for 2 years but had sexual intercourse when i was still a minor & ended up getting pregnant.. am i allowed to threaten to take him to jail for statutory rape just because i am mad? & if so, what would happen to my child? he won't get any rights to see him, right???

Is that what you're planning to do,
      have him thrown in jail?
      That would be up to the DA.
      Are you familiar with the words,
      Foster Care ?
      Or adoption ?
      BTW, I have a sneaking suspicion,
      that is where your child will end up,
      sooner, if not later.

..___________________
      ~ The thing about getting older is,
      your body has a way of telling you when it’s time to start making decisions,
      …using a different part of your anatomy. ~ drr
      Last edited by drruthless; 09-09-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogmatique View Post
        how old are you both?

Little girl needs to realize that Daddy may actually be able to get custody of his child (provided he's not in jail, of course).
        It just may be an assumtion on my part,
        but it sounds like she might be sceaming on a way,
        to get Daddy OUT of the picture...
        Ya think ?

..________________
        ~ Nothing is foolproof,
        to a sufficiently motivated fool.~ Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by drruthless View Post
          It just may be an assumtion on my part,
          but it sounds like she might be sceaming on a way,
          to get Daddy OUT of the picture...
          Ya think ?

..________________
          ~ Nothing is foolproof,
          to a sufficiently motivated fool.~ Benjamin Franklin

I concur with your very wise insight.

(Seen this so many times it's actually very saddening. Poor baby involved)

Comment

Are we talking about the guy that the girl chose to be the father of her child? Maybe the GIRL is way too immature to raise a child if she's willing to put her own petty interests in front of the child's best interests.

As for his rights, without knowing the ages involved and how old the girl was when they had intercourse, we can't tell you weather your nasty scheme will work. BUT, his parents could file for custody, or visitation rights. And likely his rights to visitation would continue, possibly with required supervision, but his parents could likely provide that.

So, before you go burning bridges that could maker your life a whole lot more difficult, maybe you should find a way to get along with the guy you CHOSE to be the father of your child, as he is going to be a part of your life until your child is an adult. In the meantime, keep your pants zipped up, as you are not mature enough to raise one child, much less another. Haven't you watched the Dr. Phil family? Do you want to end up like Alexandra?
            I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
              Are we talking about the guy that the girl chose to be the father of her child? Maybe the GIRL is way too immature to raise a child if she's willing to put her own petty interests in front of the child's best interests.
              As for his rights, without knowing the ages involved and how old the girl was when they had intercourse, we can't tell you weather your nasty scheme will work. BUT, his parents could file for custody, or visitation rights. And likely his rights to visitation would continue, possibly with required supervision, but his parents could likely provide that.

So, before you go burning bridges that could maker your life a whole lot more difficult, maybe you should find a way to get along with the guy you CHOSE to be the father of your child, as he is going to be a part of your life until your child is an adult. In the meantime, keep your pants zipped up, as you are not mature enough to raise one child, much less another. Haven't you watched the Dr. Phil family? Do you want to end up like Alexandra?

Hard to say,
              so far she's a women of few words.
              And the few words she does use,
              seem to cry out for a need to review basic English composition.
              But I forget,
              this is the style of a new and younger America,
              one devoid of a willingness to accept any responsibility or accountability,
              and who’s communication skills seem to be limited to 140 characters or less.

I’m sure we’ll hear something,
              what with childrearing and house work and all,
              there are only so many hours left in a day to work on a bucket list AND answer our questions.

Who knows,
              ...stay tuned.

..__________________
              ~ Welcome to the new order.
              Where a minority can dictate to the majority,
              the left is right and what’s right is wrong,
              and the rules are written by those who have the most toys ,
              the most money,.
              ..or,
              the most guns. ~ drr

Comment

The father of your child has a responsibility to pay child support and a right to visitation with his child. These are things that can be helpful to you and make a big difference with having your child grow up knowing he has two parents who care.

By crying "rape" you accomplish several things, most of which you will probably regret in the future.

By your own admission this was consensual sex. (You agreed.)

Do you want to go to court and lie, and then and get raked over the coals by a lawyer trying to prove it was not rape, with 12 people (the jury) staring at you and wondering what kind of person you are for crying rape after so long?

Do you want to put the label "sexual offender" on your ex, so he has to register as a sexual offender for the rest of his life, has a bad chance at a decent job and wouldn't be able to provide enough child support for your child?

Rather than "get back" at your ex, take advantage of the fact that he's a parent. Get child support and allow him visitation, which are his rights and responsibilities. Allow your child to grow up with the love of both parents.

It may be tough but you will be glad in the end you did.

Comment

lolcat,

The OP says she wanted to press charges for statutory rape. So she is not saying she didn't consent but that under the law she could not consent.

Still a sleazy thing to do to try and get the father out of the picture.

Comment

I stand corrected. Still sleazy.

Comment

When the posters want advice on how to have a relationship with their underage partner despite a parent saying no, this is the thread we should refer them to.

Comment

Would it Matter?

Originally posted by HRinMA View Post
                        When the posters want advice on how to have a relationship with their underage partner despite a parent saying no, this is the thread we should refer them to.
                        I’d be inclined to agree except that nearly to a person,
                        the arguments given are,:

“We're so much in love”
                        “He’s the love of my life“
                        "He loves me"
                        “This is different!”
                        “I‘m not like that“
                        “He’s not like that”
                        “I wouldn’t do that!”
                        "This is real"
                        “My parents approve”
                        “His parents say it’s ok”
                        Etc, etc, etc.
                        Sadly,
                        NOTHING, we can say, is likely to slap them back into reality better than the sound of a cell door being slammed shut behind them,
                        while they're getting 'acquainted' with their new ’bunkmates’
                        Ya think ?

.._____________________
                        ~ The thing about getting older is,
                        your body has a way of telling you when it’s time to start making decisions,
                        …using a different part of your anatomy. ~ drr

Comment

There are always those few posters who do listen...

Comment

Maybe this is just me, but my view is to answer the question once. Then walk away. If they listen fine. If they do not listen fine. Life is too short to worry about how other people think. And people really do have the right to not believe us.

IMO, people have a right to believe the Earth Is Flat. Really not my issue.
                            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                            Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                            Working...
                            X