alienation of affection California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alienation of affection California

What is the law in california regarding a wife sueing a mistress for alienation of affection?

Originally posted by chuey View Post
    What is the law in california regarding a wife sueing a mistress for alienation of affection?

There is no longer a valid cause of action in California regarding alienation of affection.

The person the wife needs to be suing is her husband. For divorce.

Comment

Agree, there are only a very few states that still allow alienation of affection lawsuits & Ca. is not one.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Now I'm being told she is going to sue for personal destruction, that the mistress caused personal destruction to her financially and emotionally.

Comment

If she does "try" suing, it doesn't mean she will automatically win.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I'm a little confused. Are you trying to protect the mistress? Something's wrong with this world.

Anyone can sue for anything. Whether it succeeds takes a bundle of cash and a lot of stress out of you. It helps a lot if you're 'innocent' of the wrongdoings claimed. And unless the mistress can show that she had no idea (and I mean NO IDEA, not perfect evidence) that the guy was married, she's going to have some real fun with this. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
            I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
              I'm a little confused. Are you trying to protect the mistress? Something's wrong with this world.

Anyone can sue for anything. Whether it succeeds takes a bundle of cash and a lot of stress out of you. It helps a lot if you're 'innocent' of the wrongdoings claimed. And unless the mistress can show that she had no idea (and I mean NO IDEA, not perfect evidence) that the guy was married, she's going to have some real fun with this. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Realistically the scorned wife would have to prove that the mistress acted deliberately and with malice - the mistress wouldn't have to prove a darned thing

(That's if there was a legit cause of action)

(which there isn't, in CA)

Comment

Originally posted by chuey View Post
                Now I'm being told she is going to sue for personal destruction, that the mistress caused personal destruction to her financially and emotionally.
                Who are you in the relationship and how does it affect you?
                Are you the wife? Get a divorce.
                Are you the mistress? Where were you when I was married?
                I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X