Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

I have no idea what to do. California

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    You dont know how cps involvement would end. Your Mother might learn something about herself and her relationship with you. Even if not CPS involvment protects "you" If Mom wont let you live with a friend then you have only two choices

    A. Endure the abuse (it will get worse)
    B. Contact CPS (A win/Win situation


    • #17
      I'm not shutting down your thread - yet. If I were, you would not be able to post any more entries to it.

      However, I am telling both of you that your argument about motives is to stop. If it does, fine. If it does not, THEN I will shut down the thread.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


      • #18
        I have no reason to argue with an adult who is uneducated about my personal situation.

        I apologize for the misunderstanding, cbg.


        • #19
          You can't expect someone to be "educated about your personal situation" when all they have to go by is your posts, which can hardly be considered unbiased.

          Your apology is accepted but I don't want to see any more of that kind of attitude out of you. When you ask for free advice from volunteers on a public board, you don't get to pick and choose who responds or how they do so.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


          • #20
            Sparkly, if you think your dad's passing is hard on you (which you have not stated, but I fell is relevant to state), consider where your mom is emotionally. The man she loved died, no matter the reason, and now she's grasping for someone to love her like he may have.

            If you want out, call CPS. If you don't want to call CPS call the family members you mentioned and ask them for help. If you do not do either of those then I guess you'll have to live with it. One thing that likely would help is if you joined boy scouts or girl scouts (as I have no idea your true gender).

            *Whoever complained*, I have no problem doing my job as a junior moderator, but you woke me up for this?!?!?!?!?!
            NOW you owe me a six pack of beer and cbg a pack of smokes!
            I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
            Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
            I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
            Don't worry, be happy.

   is a good resource!


            • #21
              I don't smoke. I'll take a bottle of wine.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


              • #22
                Cactus Jack,

                Thank you for a polite response. I sincerely appreciate it.

                I have considered my mother's emotional state. I know it's part of the reason she is acting the way she is. I feel that, because she lost her identity (as a wife) when my father passed, she is now searching for who she is. I know she is incredibly unhappy, although she claims otherwise, and I think her solution is having a new boyfriend. Yet, when the excitement fades, she finds a minor reason to end the relationship. It's hard for me to watch.

                I'm not expecting her to be mother of the year or anything, I just wish she could understand why I am so upset all the time and maybe be home once in a while. I think counseling would do her some good, because I know she's hurting.

                As of now, I do not feel contacting CPS would do me any good, seeing as I have attempted to report someone before (with no avail) and I have no documentation of my abuse. However, if things escalate to a point where I fear for my life, I will contact CPS if I feel it is the right thing to do.

                I have tried reaching out to my aunt, but it's hard for her to believe me, seeing as (again) there is no documentation of my abuse and we have lived 2000 miles apart for the majority of my life. Every time I bring it up, she instantly drops the subject. My grandmother is 90 with dementia and severe Alzheimer's Disease, so speaking to her would not do me any good. She doesn't know who I am anyway.

                The only other "family" member I can think of is my "uncle." He is not technically my family, but he has been a close friend of my mother's since they were 4. He was my legal medical guardian while I was living in Chicago, but is not technically a legal guardian. He is a lawyer with a degree in psychology as well. I spoke to him as well, and he is trying to gather his thoughts and is more than willing to try and talk to my mother.

                Right now, I will try to keep myself in line, and pray things get better. I guess there's not really much more I can do, is there?


                • #23
                  This is a hard situation for you, I lost both of my parents before I was 30, so losing a parent while still a teen must be awful, my father was physically and emotionally abusive. My advice is to try to become stronger from the hand that life is dealing you. I know from first hand experience, it's not easy, but I can tell you it is worh it. My brother and I have worked hard to not be as our parents were, I have forgiven them for their abusive behaviors and now know a much better way to be a parent. Best of luck to you.
                  Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

                  I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.


                  The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.