I'm 20. She's sixteen (California)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 20. She's sixteen (California)

I have no intention of starting a sexual relationship. I'm 20 an I've never had sex. I know how to control myself. But, if her parents like me, is there any problem with us doin stuff together like, dancing, surfing, movie watching, hugs? As long is i control where my hands are, can we watch movies on a couch together? Can i date her? If i date her can we kiss? I am not going to touch her in any inappropriate way. My parents are totally freaking out that I'm interested in her. They are sayin stuff like "hell hath no fury" an if she gets pissed at you, she can say she didn't want me to hug or kiss her. Or she could even falsly accuse me of something, and in both cases my @$$ is goin to prison. Is this true? What are my legal limits here? A friend said something about having her parents sign something saying they are ok with her being alone with me, and having her sign something saying she is ok with whatever level the relationship is at (hug, kiss, cuddle) that way she can't come back and say, "I didn't want it" Will this cover my backside? I'll say again, No Sex. Btw, i live in cali.

The age of consent is 18 in Ca. It might be in your best interest that you stay away from her at this time. (You just don't know what will/might happen.)
    Last edited by Betty3; 04-17-2009, 09:52 AM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

A 20 year old male who does not want or intend to have sex!
      http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
        A 20 year old male who does not want or intend to have sex!
        They call them Monks!
        Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Originally posted by mlane58 View Post
          They call them Monks!
          LOL!! Whateva. Make fun, I'm used to it. I never said I didn't want it, it's just always been MY opinion that the measure of a man is not what he gets in life, but what he's willing to give up for what he believes in. (no sex before marriage in my case)

Comment

I don't need yes/no answer though. (I also don't need sarcasm) What i need to know is exactly what can get me in trouble.

Comment

Ok anything you wouldnt do with your Brother or Sister is too much does that help!?

Comment

Actually yes. Thanks! I can deal with that.

Comment

This is not restricted to physical contact it includes text, chat, talk, email etc etc

Comment

Ok. This is the kinda stuff i wanted to know. Alright, no suggestive communication either. I can keep it clean. Thanks! Anything else I should know?

Comment

If at any time the parents change their minds and say no, the fact that they previously said yes is irrevelant and no it becomes.
                      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

So I've heard. I understand why though. If keep treating her with respect though, i don't think I'll have that problem. But if they change their minds, you're right, i gotta say good-bye for 1 and a half years.

Comment

If anyone thinks of anything else, please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                          Working...
                          X