minor/adult dating California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor/adult dating California

is it legal for a 15 year old girl to date an 18 year old guy??

Define, "dating".
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

hanging out at school, he is a senior , i am a sophomore. when i turn 16 he will have graduated, we would go to movies with a group of friends. we might kiss but nothing more than that.

Comment

And the 18 year old is ok with that?
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

As you have defined it, yes, it is legal.

Of course, the moment you discuss anything more stimulating than your algebra homework or do anything that you couldn't do in the front pew of the church on Christmas morning with your parents in the pew behind you, the whole situation changes.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

i am pretty sure he is ok with just going to the movies and hanging out at places like mini golf and the beach.

he does know however that i have no wish to go on a single date with him. and that we will be doubling. like my best friend and her boyfriend with me and the 18 year old.

Comment

really nothing more than sitting in church with my parents watching??
              not even kissing??

Comment

and if my parents refuse to allow me to date him, then it is illegal and he could be sent to jail if we try to sneak around them... am i correct??

Comment

Pretty much yes

Comment

and if they did allow me to date him, would it be illegal to kiss him?

Comment

Pointless! You already said Mom and Dad do not approve its over move on

Comment

i didn't say they have already disapproved
                        i said if they disapproved
                        they don't know about my situation yet...

another question
                        is it wrong for me to want the 18 year old to go to college?

Comment

If your parents disapprove, that's the ball game. Your parents cannot make the illegal legal, but they can make the legal illegal.

I've already told you what you can and cannot do. Kissing is not, per se, illegal. A light kiss or a peck on the cheek are fine. But remember what I said about being able to do it in front of your parents and the church congregation. If it would be too much to do there, then the 18 year old is flirting with a lifetime as a sex offender.

And of course it's not wrong for you to want the 18 year old to go to college. In fact, I'm encouraged that you've retained enough common sense to want that. But the fact that you've asked the question means I doubt you'll understand why.

Comment

Lets also be realstic about this. The 18 year old (maybe the 15 year old as well) is not going to be content with a goodnight kiss and that is it for long. He may say so and even mean it but sooner or later hormones take over

Comment

thank you for all your help

i have realized that the relationship would not work.
                              how do i explain it that to him?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X