End Guardianship/regain custody California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Guardianship/regain custody California

Moved to AZ 3 1/2 yrs ago to make better life for this single mom and almost 14 yr old daughter. While getting settled (took me 3 months), family inituated a gaurdianship court date. Didnt fight it because felt daughter old enough to make this choice but responded to each allegation. Court mediator told me at time i was not stable because only on job 3 months and just signed lease on apt for her and I one month before court date. Suggested i wait 1 yr then file for custody again.
    They pushed me out of her life with limited, recorded telephone conversations & visitation so unpleasant versus the $500 for me to do so for a weekend - only seen her once. None of above was court ordered, i have never been in any trouble, just kept threatening NO CONTACT if i didnt play by their rules.
    Asked her many times to go to court and get her back. She refused because she is a teenager, finally making new friends and afraid to lose the family as they threatened if she returned to me.
    I respected her choice, and choose not to force it upon her. We continued our relationship as best we could and were allowed.
    She turned 17 in January, 2 months ago she bought a secret cell phone and thru daily talks and texts we resolved much misunderstandings and lies/deceit perpertrated by my family. She has revealed much mental and emotional abuse. She finally got fed up and wants to come live with me even if means going to court.
    PROBLEM: she is impatient and wants to run away to me here in Arizona. She has already told family she wants out, i cant pay for attorney but willing to go to court on my own but she has had enough..
    QUESTION: At 17, in the state of California, if she runs away to me, will the cops not make a big fuss about stopping her before she reaches me (6 hr drive) & once here what is my legal responsibilities in Cali to notifying guardian she is here before i get an attorney and emergency court date? My going to jail over harboring my runaway daughter is not going to help either of us win this battle
    PLEASE HELP ME!! ANY AND ALL LEGAL ADVISE WILL BE GRATEFULLY TAKEN. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WRITE ME AT [email protected] TO COMMENT.. THANK YOU ALL!!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X