Stop California Adoption, pls? California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop California Adoption, pls? California

My ex and i broke up just after her 2nd month of being pregnant. Shortly after she told me she lost the baby. 2 days before the baby is born I'm served paper work stating she is pregnant still and is planning on giving the baby up for adoption.

I filed to establish parental relatioship, but the would be adoptive parents are now trying to push to get my rights terminated. I dont know what to do now. I don't want to give up my rights, i want to be a father. My ex is hell bent on seeing the adoption through though. the case has been moved from family court to juvenile court because an adoption petition has been filed.

Please I need to know what to do now, I dont want these people to adopt my son, I want to keep my rights and raise him.

[email protected]

How old is the baby?

How long after birth did you file to establish legal paternity?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

stop adoption california

the baby is 1 month and 10 days old. I recieved a notice from the adoptive parents attorney about the adoption on jan 4-5, and i filed my petition for paternity/custody on Jan 18th. The adoptive parents happened to file there adoption petition that same day also. i dont want to lose my son. i understand they have a 2 parent home, but i dont see how they could possible love my son as much as i can. i have a good job, stable home and can provide for him just as they could. I'm very disheartened, everything i keep reading online has lead me to beleive i dont stand much of a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by crstubbs79 View Post
        the baby is 1 month and 10 days old. I recieved a notice from the adoptive parents attorney about the adoption on jan 4-5, and i filed my petition for paternity/custody on Jan 18th. The adoptive parents happened to file there adoption petition that same day also. i dont want to lose my son. i understand they have a 2 parent home, but i dont see how they could possible love my son as much as i can. i have a good job, stable home and can provide for him just as they could. I'm very disheartened, everything i keep reading online has lead me to beleive i dont stand much of a chance.
        You need an attorney ASAP. I know it cn be expensive, but it's really the only way to ensure that your rights are protected.

IF you absolutely cannot hire an attorney, you'll need to get a consult with one and then read up on your state's laws and court rules so that you can be fully prepared to go into court.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X