Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a 16 yr old want to marry a 21 yr old California

Hi, I need help with my situation.
    I am a 16 year old I just had my first son, me and my partner want to get married.
    He is 21 year old.
    I would like to know what to do.
    My mom totally agrees with us living and getting married and so do his parents.
    Is there any way we can get married without getting into any trouble with the law???
    Please some help me!!!!

I have moved your post into the proper forum. Your question has nothing to do with labor law.

My personal opinion is, if you're not capable of figuring out that a question about marriage belongs under family law and not employment law, you've got no business getting married and having kids.

I don't know the marriage laws of your state and I'm not particularly inclined to look them up for you. But if your state does not permit you to marry at your age, your parent's permission does not make the illegal, legal and you'll just have to wait until you are legal under your state's statute.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I do know the answer off of the top of my head.

The age of consent in CA is 18. Your bf is in a world or hurt right now.

In order to marry in CA under the age of 18, even IF you parents consent to the marriage, you will need to have a court allowing you to do so. First, you will have to apply for the license (with your at least one of your parents present and with your birth certificate). THEN, you must meet with a counselor who will make a recommendation of whether or not you are ready for marriage. After that, you will be required to go before the judge who will ultimately make the decision as to whether or not to grant the court order to allow you to marry.

Now, what do you think the odds are that a judge is going to allow your molestor to marry you? Your bf is going to go into court and admit to committing a crime.

The odds of your request to marry be granted? Slim to none, and Slim left town last week.

Your bf, however, will get to move into a new, tax payer supported residence.

Nice.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Yeah...

You loved your boyfriend into prison.... especially if the babies birth proves you two were bumping uglies when you were 15.

I wouldn't get too attached to your bf. You won't be seeing him until your child is in high school.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X