18 year old able to leave? California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 year old able to leave? California

Hi. Im 18 years old living here in california. Im now a full time college student. I was wondering if i can move out without my mom stopping me. and also if she searches for me, is she able to make me come back home?

Also i plan to live with my friends family for a week to find a place on my own. Can she do anything to do the family?

Thanks alot! This is will really help me.

Originally posted by pao0789 View Post
    Hi. Im 18 years old living here in california. Im now a full time college student. I was wondering if i can move out without my mom stopping me. and also if she searches for me, is she able to make me come back home?

Also i plan to live with my friends family for a week to find a place on my own. Can she do anything to do the family?

Thanks alot! This is will really help me.
    She might be able to file a missing persons alert after a while... but you can't run away when you're a legal adult.

The thing to conder though, is if you get financial aid, you'll have to remain in contact with your parents anyway until you are either done with college or 24 or married (I believe these are the exceptions).

That being done and said... don't burn any bridges. Family's family, and I'm sure one day you guys will work it out. If my mother and I could, anything is possible.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X